cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WARNING! ATTENTION TRUECREDIT USERS! FRAUD!

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for letting us know - I was charged the $13.70 via Walmart website the first month, and last month it was the right amount - I'll let it go so long as it doesn't show up again - I don't feel like waiting 20 to 30 min for $2.49 (even though money is money I know).

Same thing for DW - price was correct on 2nd month billing. She also didn't feel like spending time on hold just for $2.49.

As far as ATHOMEREWARDS goes, any third-party "purchase" should give the customer the opportunity to confirm the purchase before processing. Most legitimate companies try to ensure the customer is aware exactly when clicking a button will charge their credit card. Considering a large percentage of their customers are buying TC credit reports to prevent fraud, CA dishonesty, etc., it's pretty stupid for TC to try to trick them out of their money.
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will be sure to watch my bank statement, I do NOT want to be charged for something I didn't know I was ordering!
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up.
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's a true confession: up until recently, I was one of those people who would get a CC bill and just pay it without looking at it very closely.  Anyway, I had a decent sized balance on my Circuit City / Chase card ($700+) that I have since paid off.  Once I got to the point where I was all fired up about cleaning up my credit report and such, I started looking alot closer at my bill.  I found one of those little $2 or $3 charges on my account but it wasn't really clear what it was for.  I called about it and asked what that charge was for, and told that it was for insurance in case I was sick or injured or maybe laid off from work and couldn't pay my bill.  So in other words, I was paying money to ensure that CC gets paid.  I don't think so.  I asked when that had started, and they said "oh it's been on your account for a XX months" (basically a couple years).  I asked them how that got started and they said that I must have agreed to he charge.  I informed them that where I work, I have paid sick leave, and that I have well over 1000 hours of sick leave built up, so I would not and never had any reason to agree to such coverage.  They replied with, "well sir, you must have approved this".  I told them that if I approved it, they should have something with my signature on it that indicates that I am excepting this contract, and if they didn't, they need to remove the charge because I do not want it. To their credit (not sure they had a choice) they dropped the charge and refunded the amount that I had paid over all those months. I think it worked out to something like $80 off my bill.  As a side note, I just paid off $600+ on this account to pay it off, but yesterday I got a bill for $10.75 balance due. the paperwork shows my $600+ payment, so I assume that this is for the finance charges that had built up before I paid off the principal. I'll pay it, but it just goes to show you how much you pay in interest on these sub-prime 20+% credit cards. Sickening isn't it.
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many CCCs compute interest using a two-cycle basis. Basically, if you carry a balance, and then decide to pay it off, it will require a second PIF (for a comparatively small amount) to keep the balance at $0. It's a fairly common practice.
Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, OK, I see what you are saying. I wasn't going to sweat $10 and some change, so I just paid it off (again hehehe). Now if they come back and say that I owe interest on the interest for the days between the end of the cycle and the payment date, then heads are going to have to roll.

Message Edited by KevKaos on 07-26-2007 11:48 AM
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use firefox and have adblock plus installed. The 1st time I saw Truecredit's "offer" I ad-blocked the image.

So everytime I go there now I just get the one button "No Thanks, not interested" LOL
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.