Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE DO YOU GET CERTIFIED FUNDS?

tag
mom2girls
Valued Member

WHERE DO YOU GET CERTIFIED FUNDS?

I am new and I am not sure where you get certified funds?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WHERE DO YOU GET CERTIFIED FUNDS?

@mom2girls wrote:

I am new and I am not sure where you get certified funds?

Hi there.

Certified funds are such things as money orders and cashier's checks.

Edited cuz' I kent typ rite!!!

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Some banks and CU provide them for no charge or small charge.   They will take the money out of  your account immediately. 

Message 3 of 4
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

I'm sure you know this already, but make sure you keep the stub or make a copy of the money order or certified check.

You never know when you need to show proof of payment.

Over the years, I had 2 collections that I had to show proof, that I had paid for.

What happen was, after I paid the CA they sold it to another CA even tho it was paid in full.

And the new CA was hounding me to pay again.I had to fax them the debt was already paid for.

Oh and BTW I have another one I just received in the mail for another one that was paid for about 5yrs ago.

I thought I would let you know this info, to save you the heartache later.Smiley Wink When credit repairing keep copies of everything.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.