Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?

tag
intookst
New Contributor

WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?

Ok another question for all you guru's... I paid off 10 accts on the 18th of Feb and none are showing up? How long does it take to report a 0 balance? if I was 30 days late they would make sure to get that posted!  I am just curious to see if it does anything to my score.

And I hope it is ok to ask 2 questions in the same post...spank me if I'm wrong.... as I posted earlier about cap one changing their report on me from 30 days late to 30 days past due 13 times in 17 months..it was paid off in 05. Since I disputed the orig 30 day late what can i do know to get this righted? I was late 1 time in 04 (their error).

With that horrible report off and the 10 accts PO I should see a jump correct? No more baddies, but that one and some of the 10 were high util..
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG?

Patience! I was whining and pouting this morning because I got an email from MyFico saying that I had no score change this month after I made a Huge (to me) payment to my credit card on Feb 22. I was SO frustrated!

Then 2 hours later I got two score updates (+35 points) from MyFico!

Just give it a couple more days! It'll happen!!
Message 2 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Gotta be patient for the updates. We all get tempted to ream them a new one, but you can't. And, you're right if you were past due on the 18th, it would've been there on the 17th.Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Give it a little more time..............It will be sooooooo worth the wait!!Smiley Wink
takin' it one day at a time
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know how you feel, I paid down $14,000 in CC's on 2/20 and 2/22 reducing  util from 98% to 21%....waiting, waiting for it to show...had an alert 2/21 2/24 showing nothing,a 16 pt DROP and now NOTHING......

got too anxious and pulled triple  from SW just now... jump of  30 pts TU 18 pts EQ and 27 pts EX.....all on my reports with only 2 cards reporting...one down to 100/1100 and one down to 3993/5000.

Am waiting for the 0/8000, the 139/1897, the 110/1500 and a PIF of 0/597 to show up anytime between now and 3/19...its going to be so hard to wait when I feel I cnat rely on SW to let me know in a timely fashion

Sucks I got too anxious and paid for the Score pull...but  I have never been known for my patience!

Message Edited by madameozzie on 03-04-2008 07:42 PM
Message 5 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

LOL madame. Now you are going to have to pay for another one when everything reports. Don't forget to have less than half of your accounts show a balance for best scoring results.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks byrd...thats all my accounts with  balances.  I have three that are 0 with small 1-300 cl's,  one instal acct with only 580 bal and of course my mortgage and Heloc 110,500 and 21,000 So I am hoping for a big jump with those unreported as of YET payments I mentioned!  I was just happy to be able to pay off  $14,000 in cash...no new loans for me!

God I just wish I had the patience to wait....
Message 7 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Still looks to me like there is more than 50% reporting. $14M in cash is incredible. Keep up the good work.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well byrd, maybe my math was off...Ihad $17,875 in CC accts....Bal after all report will now show as  $3827 isnt that a 21% util? or where did I go wrong?

Message Edited by madameozzie on 03-04-2008 08:02 PM
Message 9 of 13
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Madame, I meant 50% of the number of open accounts, not the utilization...sorry for the confusion. So, if you have 11 accounts, no more than five should report a balance.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.