cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WILL I GET MY 37 POINTS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
ashdown1967
New Contributor

WILL I GET MY 37 POINTS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The bogus collection from EOS/CCA hit my credit report and dropped my score 37 points. Spoke with them they deleted it already but my score didn't go back up the 37 points that it took from me.  How does that work exactly?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WILL I GET MY 37 POINTS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you looking at a FICO score from myFICO?

Message 2 of 8
ashdown1967
New Contributor

Yes I am .

Message 3 of 8
diabla
Regular Contributor

I mentioned this somewhere else.  I lost about 20 points due to a collection, and when I finally got it deleted, I only gained back about 3 points.  It's horribly unfair.  You're still penalized for it even if its later deemed to be an error by the collection agency.  They give these CAs and creditors way too much power when it comes to our information.

Message 4 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

cause there's a part that states when a last derogatory was placed onto your accounts, but removed legitimately or falsely (through settlement or payment) it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Kinda like how some credit card companies will deny you for have a super subprime lender like First Premier on your reports, it shows how bad your credit report was up until just recently..

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 5 of 8
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

cause there's a part that states when a last derogatory was placed onto your accounts, but removed legitimately or falsely (through settlement or payment) it doesn't mean it wasn't there.

Kinda like how some credit card companies will deny you for have a super subprime lender like First Premier on your reports, it shows how bad your credit report was up until just recently..

My impression is that this isn't entirely true.  From everything I've learned, your FICO score represents a snapshop in time at that particular moment, and does not recognize anything that may have been there.  Your point about credit cards is true, but if you had First Premier deleted entirely as a TL, would AMEX still see it and care?

I could of course be way off base here, but I'd assume after a full month passes for all companies to be reporting correctly, it would straighten itself out?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 6 of 8
jeffriesde
Valued Member

Was this from a Scorewatch alert?  If so then it might take a week or so to get alerted to the increase.  

Recently I was pulling my CR via USAA (before the loss of daily pulls) and I noticed a new collection on the day that it posted to all three CB's.  I contacted the company via phone and did a PFD.  Within 2 days it had been removed from all three CB's.    About 3-4 days later I received a SW alert stating that I had a NEW collection posted to my report and that my score had dropped.  I checked the Alert and it was for the same collection that had been taken care of.  I then logged into USAA to verify that it had not returned.  The Collection was not listed on my CR's and never returned.  

After another week I pulled my report from MyFico and my score had returned to its previous value.  

So much for Daily Monitoring and Reporting via ScoreWatch... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 549 (5/2012) | TU 594 (7/2012)
Current Score: EQ 618 (9/2012 Lender Pull) | TU 648 (9/2012 Lender Pull) | EX 599 (9/4/2012 Lender Pull)
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 8
ashdown1967
New Contributor

Thanks so much guys for the infomation.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.