cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalletHub (VantageScore 3.0) score decreased for no reason?

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

WalletHub (VantageScore 3.0) score decreased for no reason?

My score fell 17 points (792 - 775) since Feb 1rst but nothing on my report has changed for the last few months.

I'm under 1% UTI and WalletHub is showing AZEO (1 out of 14 Credit Cards)

the one card showing a balance is $243 out of $30,000

No new accounts and no baddies anywhere.

WalletHub can also not explain the decrease:

"Unfortunately, we cannot detect any significant changes in your credit history to explain why your credit score fell." 

I know I shouldn't really care about the Vantage score but my subscription on MyFico is paused until next month so I can't see my true scores and this is a little worrisome.

Did I get rebucketed or something?

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: WalletHub (VantageScore 3.0) score decreased for no reason?

I don't have an answer to your question. How about...

Free or $1 you can obtain your 3 bureau FICO 8 scores and reports at Experian or CreditCheckTotal (part of Experian). Cancel in 7 day or less to avoid the re-occurring monthly charge. Wash, Rinse, and Repeat as needed.

Message 2 of 8
Slabenstein
Valued Contributor

VS3 is pretty spastic about minute changes in util and reported balances.  I don't know much about its metrics, but if your balances increased by even one dollar that could be a reason for the change you've seen.  To my knowledge VS doesn't have scorecards; if so, reassignment wouldn't be the cause.  In any case, I wouldn't worry about changes to VS3 somehow indicating something about your FICO scores.  They're completely different score models with different algorithms and on some profiles can be more than 100 points apart.  The score change on Vantage only really matters if there was a change in profile that would also result in a significant change for FICOs.  If you want to check your FICOs for cheap while your MyFICO is paused, +1 to @AllZero's suggestion to use the CCT trial.  It isn't as comprehensive as MyFICO, but that's where I get my scores and, for me, it's enough to keep tabs.

Message 3 of 8
nwa479
Regular Contributor

I also have my FICO subscription paused until mid month.   I found another site that will give you 28 FICO scores by signing up for a one month free trial.  Try Extra credit at www.credit.com/extra_credit

This site gave me all FICO 8s, 9s; Auto,  Mortgage, and Bankcard scores.

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

The link above isn't working.  I've never heard of 28 Fico scores from credit.com.  I've had an account with them for years and have only ever seen them provide a VS 3.0 score.

Message 5 of 8
nwa479
Regular Contributor

Sorry about the link.  Try just googling 'Extra Credit'.  An ad pops up that advertises the one month free with FICO scores.  
Let me know if that doesn't work.   I did this last weekend so I could see my mortgage scores.  

Active cards

Goal Cards (Gardening until April 24)

My Fico Scores

Banks and Credit Unions:
Message 6 of 8
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The link above isn't working.  I've never heard of 28 Fico scores from credit.com.  I've had an account with them for years and have only ever seen them provide a VS 3.0 score.

They have a additional service called extracredit which gives 28 Fico scores with reason codes and downloadable reports and a few other things. I believe it's 24.99 a month. I was fortunate enough to get in on their intro offer of 5$ for a year.

extra-credit-fico-equi-1-2021.JPG

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool, found it.  Seems like a good option if someone wants their 28 scores and looking at since the first month is free (if you cancel within 30 days) it appears that everyone could get this 28 Fico scores one time without paying anything.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.