Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalletHub has added a useful debt payoff tool

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

WalletHub has added a useful debt payoff tool

So I opened the WalletHub app to double check my inquiries to see who Alliant pulled and I accidentally hit the debt section, which is new, and I decided to take a look around. It's actually pretty cool. It has a tool that walks you through setting up a pay down schedule. It asks you which cards you PIF and then it asks you the APR you are paying on your other cards (and has a check box for intro APR and you just plug in that, how many months are left, and the regular APR), then you tell it how much you can pay and it sets you up with the debt avalanche method. 

Its totally intuitive and takes just a few minutes and you have a payment schedule setup. 

Here's what I set up playing with it. 

E8E62429-DED6-4EFB-B064-F54B74FB44ED.jpeg

77EC8E14-AB4B-4EF5-8B96-9AE1CBCDFE0B.jpeg

9261F832-20FF-4515-9FFD-46FE50C7D2C6.jpeg

53E87A5E-F912-4B47-8E46-F69DF923C6D9.jpeg

Now I won't be using this schedule because I want to show NFCU some consistent payment history and toss them a couple bucks and I have made my own schedule but this tool can come in handy for many who struggle with making these schedules. Since it's WalletHub and they monitor your credit, it's likely safe to assume that they will automatically update your progress as you pay it down too.  

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: WalletHub has added a useful debt payoff tool

Edit: Oh yeah, it's been there for awhile now. I think since their last update?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's the first time I've seen it but I honestly just hop on to monitor my TU report every so many days. It's a pretty neat feature though. 

Message 3 of 9
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

This is pretty cool Saeren. Thanks so much for sharing. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

This is pretty cool Saeren. Thanks so much for sharing. 

It's pretty nifty. 

I like WalletHub because you get daily TU report updates. Used it for well over a year now. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it’s cool but I don’t think it’s new.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes it’s cool but I don’t think it’s new.

4 months old according to the version history. First time I noticed it. Regardless it wasn't posted here before so 🤷‍♂️

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was actually playing with it the other day changing the name to my cards to put in APRs.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like that it updates your balances for you automatically and updates the payment schedule accordingly. For people that aren't terribly disciplined and/or organized, an automatic tool like this is certainly handy. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.