cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

tag
CUFINANCE
Valued Member

Re: Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Mine is about 30 points lower on the Wal-Mart site.  Guess they are using the new scoring model.

Message 51 of 204
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Received a score with a closed account.Smiley Very Happy 756 which is 3 points lower than my PSECU EX score.  My 2 negatives were no open installments and short account history.  Nothing about high revolving balance at all. No idea if it is 98 or 04 but I would think its the old 98. Well it seems it might be a newer score since a poster on c boards who pulled from here and Walmart said the scores were not the same.

Message 52 of 204
ficofox
Regular Contributor

I was ignoring this thread since I closed my Walmart account, but got curious; glad I did. I was able to sign in using my old account info and there was my FICO score! Whatdyaknow?

Found a blurb on the site that says the scores will be updated by the 10th of each month. Nice. Although, I don't care for whatever TU scoring they are using - it's about 40 points lower than the score I pulled from myFico. Smiley Tongue

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 53 of 204
slarano
Frequent Contributor

When comparing my score on WalMart versus the one I have on myFICO, i only have a one point difference.

ImageImageImage

Message 54 of 204
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

@Barry wrote:

@BaddebtKing wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I wonder Barry or someone else at myFico has some insite, because all the links for this score come back to myfco.com

I would LOVE to hear some insider info on this, anyone??? Barry??? Which FICO model is this?

Looking into it and will let you all know as soon as I find out.  Stay tuned!  Smiley Happy

Would also LOVE to hear what FICO version they're using!  If it's a "bankcard enhanced" FICO 04/08, or even just FICO 2008, I would definitely be interested in getting this card.  Otherwise, if it's FICO 2004, it's a really sweet deal but maybe not for me.  Already get EX and EQ, and there's just not that much difference in them once you're in the 800s.   Smiley Happy

Message 55 of 204
BaddebtKing
New Contributor

@Barry wrote:

@BaddebtKing wrote:

@john398 wrote:

I wonder Barry or someone else at myFico has some insite, because all the links for this score come back to myfco.com

I would LOVE to hear some insider info on this, anyone??? Barry??? Which FICO model is this?

Looking into it and will let you all know as soon as I find out.  Stay tuned!  Smiley Happy

Thank you Barry, I appreciate you! We're hanging on the edges of our chairs for this info....

Starting Score: EQ 730 -- TU 763
Current Score: EQ 764 -- Walmart TU FICO 9/6/11 775
Goal Score: EQ 800 -- TU 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 56 of 204
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

now i can share my fico score. awsome. thank you GE(walmart) Discover!

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 57 of 204
MagicShot
Contributor

Yeah that apping isnt the hardest hit to your score. its when you get approved for all the apps. Its Drops your AAoA.  I took a 90 point drive due to AAoA drop. I recovered about 40 of the 90 points back in 6 months.

Message 58 of 204
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got some version of TU which is not TU98 from declined discover app. It's 747 compared to 734 TU98 from myfico. I guess the new version heavily favor utilization more than old version. My UTI is at 2% while most people here might have low uti (10-17%) but not close to 0% resulting in lower score in newer version.
Message 59 of 204
MagicShot
Contributor

What was the reason for the decline on the discover app?

Message 60 of 204
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.