Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart MasterCard Additional Cardholder Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart MasterCard Additional Cardholder Credit Report

So I'm thinking about adding a family member as an additional card holder to my Walmart MasterCard account, and I'm wondering how it will report on their credit report and mine moving forward.  Will there Report show just their name or both of our names? Would my Report be the same? 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart MasterCard Additional Cardholder Credit Report

@Anonymous wrote:

So I'm thinking about adding a family member as an additional card holder to my Walmart MasterCard account, and I'm wondering how it will report on their credit report and mine moving forward.  Will there Report show just their name or both of our names? Would my Report be the same? 

Thanks!

My parents added me onto their Citi Costco visa card and it did start reporting to my credit report, even though it only asked for the last 4 digits of my ssn. I'm sure they would most likely report as well. Most likely Walmart (or whoever is the lender) will start reporting to their credit report as well. Your report should be the same, but remember that you are responsible for all the charges Authorized Users make on the card.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool thanks! Walmart didn't ask for their SSN just their name so hopefully it will still show up. I'm just trying to help them build some credit. I'm not gonna give them the card. 

Message 3 of 11
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cool thanks! Walmart didn't ask for their SSN just their name so hopefully it will still show up. I'm just trying to help them build some credit. I'm not gonna give them the card. 

I believe someone else on this forum reported that they didn't give them a SSN either and it still reported. Probably finds it via name and address.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 4 of 11
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Matt9543 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe someone else on this forum reported that they didn't give them a SSN either and it still reported. Probably finds it via name and address.

+1 This. I added family on my Walmart card in the past and they reported it the bureaus just fine.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! Thanks so much! Look forward to contributing more to this site and learning from it!

Message 6 of 11
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Of course! We look forward to helping you too!

Message 7 of 11
Snipper117
Contributor

I added a family member to my walmart account for the same reason to try and help them build credit.  Walmart did not ask for a SS number.  For abut 4/5 months walmart did not show up on my family members credit report.  Literally the morning my cousin finally added our home address to his credit profile within a couple hours walmart showed up on all 3 of his bureau reports.

10/07/2020 BK7 Discharged Papers Received
10/07/2020 FICO 8 SCORES EXP 586 EQU 610 TU 557
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Nice to know! We live together so hopefully it shows up soon. I'll update when it does! 

Message 9 of 11
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I added my son that lives with me to my Walmart MC card and it hadn't show up for several months. I called customer service and asked why the card wasn't reporting to his credit report and they said that they needed his SSN and birth date. I gave it to them and the account appeared on his report in a few days.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.