Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Walmart Credit Partner > Capital One

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Cap one takes over Walmart

@gramps52 I only got 1 letter and that what they said, July 20th for my account and yes, not $1000, $1500 CLI by itself as saying thanks for being customer.
Message 131 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When Cap one takes over Walmart

I suspect that SYNCH is probably done giving out CLI's at this point, givin that Cap1 gave you a $1500 CLI.

Message 132 of 332
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card going to be Capital One not Synchrony?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I think reving up cli requests before the transition will be pointless. Id imagine Cap One will reevaluate all credit limits and determine who are worthy and who isnt. I just want to hold my card until it happens as ive never been part of a takeover lolSmiley Wink

I have had accounts included in a few takeovers back in the day.  Never a CL change.  But one really good thing happened.  BofA took over the accounts at Fleet Bank where I had a $5000 secured card.  One day in January 2005, not long after BofA entered the fray, I received a certified letter from BofA with a check refunding my security deposit (with all the interest) and making my account unsecured.  About 6 months later, my limit was doubled.  Quite a shocker.  So, a merger or takeover need not necessarily be bad.  Sadly, a couple yrs later, things went south for me once again after a long illness & I filed BK that included BofA for about $1500.  I'm permanently in the toilet with them now.

Message 133 of 332
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Card going to be Comenity not Synchrony?

@Anonymous wrote:

This is good for Walmart, and I am sure bad for some consumers that have had a rough patch with Capital One. 

And that will probably be a boatload of consumers since Cap1 is infamous for defaults and lawsuits - regardless how small the debt is.

Message 134 of 332
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Gonzozap wrote:

I think reving up cli requests before the transition will be pointless. Id imagine Cap One will reevaluate all credit limits and determine who are worthy and who isnt. I just want to hold my card until it happens as ive never been part of a takeover lolSmiley Wink

I have had accounts included in a few takeovers back in the day.  Never a CL change.  But one really good thing happened.  BofA took over the accounts at Fleet Bank where I had a $5000 secured card.  One day in January 2005, not long after BofA entered the fray, I received a certified letter from BofA with a check refunding my security deposit (with all the interest) and making my account unsecured.  About 6 months later, my limit was doubled.  Quite a shocker.  So, a merger or takeover need not necessarily be bad.  Sadly, a couple yrs later, things went south for me once again after a long illness & I filed BK that included BofA for about $1500.  I'm permanently in the toilet with them now.

I've only had one account included in a takeover, but the one account was in 2 takeovers: Best Buy MC. It was my first unsecured account after my 2010 BK7, I got it from HSBC in Oct. 2011 when HSBC pushed it as a sub prime card, $59 AF and only $500 CL. Cap One took it over around 2012, I got them to double it to $1k w/SP, I should have asked them to remove the AF, they might have done it. Then Citi took it over the next year - no problems, and they would never have approved me for the card as I included a couple big CL Citi cards in my BK, and they even doubled the CL to $2k w/HP. But I finally closed it in 2015, Citi would not budge on removing the AF and I had better rewards cards by then. 

Message 135 of 332
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

I've only had one account included in a takeover, but the one account was in 2 takeovers: Best Buy MC. It was my first unsecured account after my 2010 BK7, I got it from HSBC in Oct. 2011 when HSBC pushed it as a sub prime card, $59 AF and only $500 CL. Cap One took it over around 2012, I got them to double it to $1k w/SP, I should have asked them to remove the AF, they might have done it. Then Citi took it over the next year - no problems, and they would never have approved me for the card as I included a couple big CL Citi cards in my BK, and they even doubled the CL to $2k w/HP. But I finally closed it in 2015, Citi would not budge on removing the AF and I had better rewards cards by then. 

I'm surprised to hear that about Citi.  Goes to show, we never know.

Message 136 of 332
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Walmart CapitalOne Merger Question

Will Capital One be absorbing Synchrony banks Walmart burn list? Like if you burned Synchrony Walmart will Capital One know and deny you for their Walmart CoBranded card?

Message 137 of 332
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart CapitalOne Merger Question

Does anyone know if the rewards structure would change? This will be interesting for me if it actually offers at least 3% cashback on in-store Walmart purchases.

Message 138 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

i messaged cap one on fb  they still dont have any updates right now

Message 139 of 332
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone,

I want make it clear, do not bother or bug them becuase Cap 1 doesn't know when the ACTUAL date your account will be turned over. You will need to wait for official letter in mail to confirm your transfer. Calling or emailing them will not solve the problem becuase as of right now, they are not finizaling everything yet.

if you got the letter, that means you are in the queue for transfer to Cap 1. Please, everyone have a patience and let them do the work.

Just my 2 cents.

Message 140 of 332
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.