Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wamu recon

tag
indyhotmama
Regular Contributor

Wamu recon

I applied for a Wamu cc in July.  I was denied due to high utilization.  I sent a recon letter and received a call from them today.  They said that I could submit a current CR from EX and they would review for recon.  I have paid down my balances from 75-80% to about 40-50%.  I am waiting for a few more payments to post.  Here is my dilemma:  I had a cc with Providian (now Wamu) several years ago and it was included in my BK in 2004.  However it is only showing on my EQ report and it is listed as derog.  I have disputed this with EQ and I am waiting on the dispute results.  Do you think that if I send them the CR and they know I had an old account that they would try to report it?  Should I send it and just hope for the best?  I am kinda nervous about it.  Please help.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu recon

@indyhotmama wrote:
I applied for a Wamu cc in July. I was denied due to high utilization. I sent a recon letter and received a call from them today. They said that I could submit a current CR from EX and they would review for recon. I have paid down my balances from 75-80% to about 40-50%. I am waiting for a few more payments to post. Here is my dilemma: I had a cc with Providian (now Wamu) several years ago and it was included in my BK in 2004. However it is only showing on my EQ report and it is listed as derog. I have disputed this with EQ and I am waiting on the dispute results. Do you think that if I send them the CR and they know I had an old account that they would try to report it? Should I send it and just hope for the best? I am kinda nervous about it. Please help.

I wish you luck on your re-con.
I think WAMU is pretty consistent with black listing previous CO and BK accounts.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Wamu recon

If they are asking for EX and you say it is only on your EQ you don't have to worry about that part.

Message Edited by meg on 08-21-2007 10:56 AM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.