Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird NFCU credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird NFCU credit score

Hey Fico friends! I haven’t visited in a while but I’ve stopped by to see if you guys know anything about this one. I was recently approved for an NFCU Flagship visa and just received the “cost of credit” letter in the mail. It says my score is 332 on a scale between 100-450. What kind of credit score is this?? I’m assuming it’s not a fico model but I haven’t applied for a new card in a while. Is this just their own thing??
5 REPLIES 5
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Weird NFCU credit score

Thanks for stopping in again!  That's the internal NFCU score.  They've also switched to FICO 09 for some lending decisions it seems.

Message 2 of 6
IncrsCreditScore
Established Contributor

My FICO scores provided from NFCU are FICO 09 as K-in-Boston stated.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one I get monthly with my credit card is FICO 9. That one says 718. But this score came in the mail with the letter. I’ve just never seen that kind of score range.
Message 4 of 6
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Many banks and credit unions now give their customers a free credit score.  However, that free credit score is often not the credit score that the bank or credit union uses to evaluate credit applications.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 5 of 6
ocdcreditmonkey
Valued Member

It is my understanding that this is an internal NFCU scoring model.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.