cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Dealer Services reporting wrong date of last payment

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
New Visitor

Wells Fargo Dealer Services reporting wrong date of last payment

Help!  In April 2012, I bought a retired rental car through enterprise rentals. It was financed through Wells Fargo Dealer Services.

Long story short, it was a nightmare.  They gave me a totally different car than the one I picked out.  I purchased car insurance for the wrong car (the one I test drove and picked out) and because of this the bank made me get crazy expensive insurance through them on the car I brought home. They just put it on my payment, which made it unbearably high. I was paying insurance on the car I should’ve gotten, not the one I was given!

My date of first delinquency is 5/01/2012. The car was repossessed in July 2012.  It should be falling off my credit report on May 1, 2019.

However, these jerks reported my date of delinquency as 5/1/2013- almost a year after it was repossessed. I filed a disputed through Equifax, and now they’re saying it was 5/1/2014!!!! I’m so mad. Just filed another claim. 

I want this off of my credit report on May 1 2019 and them out of my life forever. They’re evil. Help!!! Any advice?

4 REPLIES 4
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Dealer Services reporting wrong date of last payment

Have you pulled your actual credit file from Equifax by either paying for a copy or by getting your annual credit report from annualcreditreport.com? The dates on the file aren’t the same as the DOFD which will be stated on the credit report separately from the reporting dates. 

I have a similar annoyance with Ford Motor Credit regarding a repo they did in 2012. They updated my TU and EX in 2014 saying that’s when the repo amount was charged off when in fact that’s when the account went to a $0 balance as I paid the judgment they obtained against me.

I was fighting with them about it until I pulled my annual reports and found that despite the error, the accounts were still marked for deletion 6/2019 so I dropped the issue. 

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 2 of 5
Legendary Contributor

Have you consulted an attorney regarding your purchase issues, where they apparently did not comply with your purchase contract?

That appears to be a separate issue from your subsequent default on the loan used to purchase the vehicle.

Are you attempting to void the contract?

As for reporting of an inaccurate DOFD, that is disputable by production of documentation showing the actual date that you first defaulted, along with documentation that it thereafter remained delinquent up to the time of reposession.   Once you have filed a dispute over the accuracy of credit reporting and they have failed to correct, you then acquire the right under FCRA 623(c) to file a civil action asserting lack of reasonable investigation of the dispute.

Civil action, unlike an admin dispute under the FCRA, involves full consideration of all evidence, and a binding court determination.

Message 3 of 5
New Visitor

I was getting my report from Credit Karma and from an app associated with my credit card. I called Experian and they confirmed that the DOFD is not correct. But perhaps I’ll get more info if I get my report directly from Experian- thanks for that tip!
Message 4 of 5
New Visitor

I haven’t talked to an attorney since it seemed like the cost of that would defeat the purpose, especially when I’m so close to deletion. I do wish I would’ve fought it from the beginning though. But I was a lot younger and really didn’t know what to do. It was the classic “screw over a young single girl” scenario.

And thanks for the info- I will definitely file that civil action if this second disputed doesn’t resolve the issue!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.