Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo - Delay in Reporting to Bureaus

tag
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo - Delay in Reporting to Bureaus

@Trudy wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Yes, I'm expecting all 3 reports to soon report $0 balances. 

Thank you for breaking this down for me. I wasn't aware that I could do this.  It's a great option for those times when I'm waiting for things to report later in the month.  I appreciate it! 

You're Welcome.

As always stated and absolutely makes sense, "finance over fico".  But I assume you know all revolvers reporting $0 will cause a score drop.

Hopefully it won't drop too much!  If it does then maybe I'll try to keep 1% on there.  Honestly it's been a long journey to get to this point so I'm just gonna try to enjoy it for little bit!

At least I know now though if I let a small amount report it's because I'm choosing to. I can now pay it off before any interest is owed.  In the past I had made some bad choices and paying the card off entirely wasn't an option. 

Message 21 of 57
Trudy
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

Hopefully it won't drop too much!  If it does then maybe I'll try to keep 1% on there.  Honestly it's been a long journey to get to this point so I'm just gonna try to enjoy it for little bit!

At least I know now though if I let a small amount report it's because I'm choosing to. I can now pay it off before any interest is owed.  In the past I had made some bad choices and paying the card off entirely wasn't an option. 

I totally get it.  Most of us made bad choices and this forum has been a great educator for me. Don't know it all but enjoy learning something new along the way.

I'm familiar with the long journey and know it can be done.  I was in deep credit card debt and while paying it down and my scores were improving I already learned here about the $0 revolver penalty.  But I just had to do it anyway to satisfy completing that journey of clearing up the past.  I made my way from probably mid 600's to upper 700's and paid off the last of my CC debt.  Ouch!  In all reality it wasn't a big deal because I also learned it could be corrected the next cycle by just reporting a balance, which I did.  But lost 17, 16 and 12 pts on my profile and said " Well I did it, now play the game"  Smiley Very Happy Ergo, use the knowledge gained here.

Congratulations on the strides you've made on this journey.  You did the work and you reaped the benefits.  That is a great feeling.  My next goal was 800's then 850 and for no real reason other than to do it, like paying everything off.  As I reviewed and posted many things about the loss of 5 pts here and there after I was already above 800, I was reminded on several occasions "what's the point of great scores if you can't use them", which will likely cause some point loss.  It eventually hit home.  I couldn't hear it until I climbed my personal mountains but those words are so true. 

Now I only monitor to learn how things react but could care less about 850.  In most cases 740+ get's you the best of credit terms, if needed.

Congrats on reaching your mountain top Smiley Wink  We all have our mountains....

FICO - 8: 05/05/23
Message 22 of 57
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Trudy wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

I totally get it.  Most of us made bad choices and this forum has been a great educator for me. Don't know it all but enjoy learning something new along the way.

I'm familiar with the long journey and know it can be done.  I was in deep credit card debt and while paying it down and my scores were improving I already learned here about the $0 revolver penalty.  But I just had to do it anyway to satisfy completing that journey of clearing up the past.  I made my way from probably mid 600's to upper 700's and paid off the last of my CC debt.  Ouch!  In all reality it wasn't a big deal because I also learned it could be corrected the next cycle by just reporting a balance, which I did.  But lost 17, 16 and 12 pts on my profile and said " Well I did it, now play the game"  Smiley Very Happy Ergo, use the knowledge gained here.

Congratulations on the strides you've made on this journey.  You did the work and you reaped the benefits.  That is a great feeling.  My next goal was 800's then 850 and for no real reason other than to do it, like paying everything off.  As I reviewed and posted many things about the loss of 5 pts here and there after I was already above 800, I was reminded on several occasions "what's the point of great scores if you can't use them", which will likely cause some point loss.  It eventually hit home.  I couldn't hear it until I climbed my personal mountains but those words are so true. 

Now I only monitor to learn how things react but could care less about 850.  In most cases 740+ get's you the best of credit terms, if needed.

Congrats on reaching your mountain top Smiley Wink  We all have our mountains....

Thank you so much for the congratulations and also for sharing info about your journey and things learned!  I appreciate all the tips and tidbits you dropped! Your scores are inspiring! Something to shoot for! Congratulations on all your success and milestones!

I definitely am learning a lot about the card game on here as well as YouTube.  So many things I overlooked or never knew until recently! I feel like the hard part is over now!  I was at 100% utilization back when I began my credit rebuild in August 2019.   Now the real fun begins! Hoping to eventually climb into the 800's! 

Message 23 of 57
RSX
Valued Contributor

wells fargo finally updated my LOC that has been showing $10 for over 2 months

i think we will need to get used to some off cycle reporting for the next 6 months or so

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 24 of 57
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@RSX wrote:

wells fargo finally updated my LOC that has been showing $10 for over 2 months

i think we will need to get used to some off cycle reporting for the next 6 months or so

Awesome!  I glad it got updated!  Thank you for letting me know!  Also I think you're right! Will probably be a while before things get back to normal! 

Message 25 of 57
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Jordan23ww wrote:

@Nomad3 wrote:

Wells finally reported for me earlier this week for April 8. It's about time!

TU is still slow to show up though

We'll see if they are still a month behind backlogged when I get my next score update

Oh wow! That's great to hear! Thank you for updating me! I'm hoping they update for me soon. My payment was on 4/24 but my closing date wasn't until the 28th.  If they can catch up soon I'll be happy!  Just wanna see $0 due on all my cards!  

Wow!!! I just got a MyFico notification and it was Equifax reporting my Wells Fargo April Payment and Balance now being credited and updated as $0.  I officially have 0% utilization! 1 down , 2 reports to go! 😄

Well for my Captial One Quicksilver card I get weekly Transunion updates on Sunday for their Creditwise feature (basically their version of Credit Karma). Today my Creditwise feature was now showing a $0 balance on my Wells Fargo Propel account which I paid off on April 24th (normally my balances update by the last day of the month).  It's interesting that MyFico which I pay for still hasn't gotten the update!  Also none of the other free apps I use that show Transunion data have gotten the balance update yet even though some updated for me yesterday (Credit Karma, Chase Credit Journey, Nerd Wallet, nor Credit Sesame). Hopefully MyFico gets updated soon.  Still waiting for both Transunion and Experian to offically get the balance update.  Equifax got it on Sunday 5/10/20!

Message 26 of 57
REDBOYYY56
New Contributor

Wells fargo finally reported my current balance to Equifax and Trans but not experian yet.We'll see in couple days!

Message 27 of 57
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@REDBOYYY56 wrote:

Wells fargo finally reported my current balance to Equifax and Trans but not experian yet.We'll see in couple days!

That's good to hear!  Hopefully Experian gets updated soon!   

Message 28 of 57
WhyDidntIListentoMom
Established Member

Interesting - none of my credit accounts with Wells (Visa Sig and LoC) have reported since March. They are my last two 'big balances' that I have paid off that haven't reported. Hopefully they get caught up this week as both of my statements have cut twice now.

Starting Score: EX 594
Current Score: EX 680
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

AMEX PRG - NPSL | USAirways MC - 7.4k | Wells Fargo VS - 4.7k | Chase Freedom MC - 3.5k | BML CL 2.5k | J.Crew Retail - 1.47k
Message 29 of 57
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

@WhyDidntIListentoMom wrote:

Interesting - none of my credit accounts with Wells (Visa Sig and LoC) have reported since March. They are my last two 'big balances' that I have paid off that haven't reported. Hopefully they get caught up this week as both of my statements have cut twice now.

Oh wow! Sorry to hear this!  I hope they update for you this week!  I definitely have been looking forward to them reporting my  $0 balance too!  Opened my card with a balance transfer so I've not had it say $0 balance since getting it late last year. 

Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.