Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Mortgage GW Letter Success

tag
fixfico
Established Member

Wells Fargo Mortgage GW Letter Success

Wells Fargo removed 2 late payments from my EQ & TU reports, EX has not updated removal.  I am thrilled and to think that I almost gave up as I have sent the letter a couple of times before.  This time it worked!  Now I need to work on paid collections which are somewhat challenging as there is no leverage.  But, all I can do is try and maybe I will have similar success as with the mortgage lates.

Because of the WF removals, I have no late payments on my TU reports.  EQ is my worst and it rarely moves.  I do however have 6 collections that I need to GW.

6/07   -- EQ 595; TU 598; EX 640
10/07 -- EQ 599; TU 653; EX 659

I am getting there would like to be at a mid score of 720 by next summer to do a refinance on current mortgage.  In addition to the collections, my biggest problem is utilization at about 44%.  Working on it though.

This forum has been extremely helpful in motivating me to get my credit report cleaned up to qualify for better rates.  Thanks to all of you, I now see that it is possible!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Mortgage GW Letter Success

I am glad you posted this. I have sent WellsFargo two GW letters for a couple of 30 day late payments and have heard nothing yet. This gives me hope that maybe if I persist they might do so. Thanks for the post!
Message 2 of 14
fixfico
Established Member

This was my third time for me.  I sent it to the Credit Dispute department:  Wells Fargo, Credits Disputes, Fax #:  (803) 396-6063.  The two times before they would respond but, would always say that they did not have enough info to address the issue.  This time around in addition to the account #, I provide them with the last 4 digits of me and my husband's socials.  Seems to be what they are missing as they removed the lates.

Hoping you will have similar success.
Message 3 of 14
oogiemoo
Regular Contributor

how long did it take them to respond? Did you mail them or fax them the letters? I just mailed my second one this past week. But I heard nothing from the first one. Thanks for the info!! Congrats also on yours.
Message 4 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Congrats fixfico! Persistance pays off!

Very good news.  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 5 of 14
fixfico
Established Member

Oogiemoo..........I faxed the letter on 10/1. I received the myfico alert on 10/20 that it was removed.  I pulled my TU report today and it is no longer on it.

Message Edited by fixfico on 10-28-2007 02:32 PM

Message Edited by fixfico on 10-28-2007 02:32 PM
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

fixfico wrote:
Wells Fargo removed 2 late payments from my EQ & TU reports, EX has not updated removal.  I am thrilled and to think that I almost gave up as I have sent the letter a couple of times before.  This time it worked!  Now I need to work on paid collections which are somewhat challenging as there is no leverage.  But, all I can do is try and maybe I will have similar success as with the mortgage lates.

Because of the WF removals, I have no late payments on my TU reports.  EQ is my worst and it rarely moves.  I do however have 6 collections that I need to GW.

6/07   -- EQ 595; TU 598; EX 640
10/07 -- EQ 599; TU 653; EX 659

I am getting there would like to be at a mid score of 720 by next summer to do a refinance on current mortgage.  In addition to the collections, my biggest problem is utilization at about 44%.  Working on it though.

This forum has been extremely helpful in motivating me to get my credit report cleaned up to qualify for better rates.  Thanks to all of you, I now see that it is possible!

Congrgatulations on your GW success. Do you mind posting your GW letter to Wells Fargo?  I submitted a GW letter for my mother to Wells Fargo and they sent me a generic response letter stating that they don't make adjustments to reports.  I'd greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thanks.
Message 7 of 14
fixfico
Established Member

Hi MsRN2000....here is my GW letter to WF.

Dear Credit Dispute Department,

I am writing to see whether Wells Fargo would consider making a goodwill adjustment to the credit reporting agencies on our behalf.  I am asking you to please remove the adverse 30 & 60 days late from my credit reports.

As you will note, up until August / September 2002, we made our mortgage payments on time and did not have any real issue with making the payments.  It all started around June 2002, when my husband lost his business practically overnight.  Even though we tried to make arrangements to keep current we were just not able to with no real income coming in at the time.  When we realized that we were in a serious situation, we knew the only real solution that would avoid us getting further behind was to sell the home,   which we were able to do in a very short period of time.  Since 2003, we have worked very hard to restart and rebuild our credit. 

I ask that you consider making a goodwill adjustment to the reporting bureaus and would appreciate any attention that you can give to this matter.  I recognize that you are not required to do so but, any consideration would be greatly appreciated.

Regardless of your decision, please know that we truly enjoyed our relationship with Wells Fargo and hope for the opportunity to have a mortgage with you in the future. Thanks you for your attention to this matter.  

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks fixfico.  Did you submit the same letter each time and was each time via fax?

Message 9 of 14
fixfico
Established Member

Yes, I submitted the same letter each time and just changed the date.  I sent it via fax all three times to the 803 number.  I hope it works for your mom.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.