Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo / Our website is temporarily unavailable

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo / Our website is temporarily unavailable

as of 7:41am 2/7/19 ------------------------------------------- Our website is temporarily unavailable

You can still access your accounts through our ATMs, stores, and customer service. Our phone bankers are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

another reason why I am switching to USBank

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo / Our website is temporarily unavailable

All banks, and all companies have problems with their websites. For me, with wells fargo webite, problems seem to be few and far between. I do banking through WF, and have a Cc with us banks, and WF website is a whole lot more user friendly.

Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

While it can seem like an annoyance, at least they're providing you with other options OP.

This happens with Chase, BoA, Capital One, etc., so it's not like WF is the only FI that may experience intermittent technical instances during the day.
Message 3 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 12
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Apparently they were doing "routine maintenance" and smelled smoke in a facility so they shut power down. Even if this was a data centre, they should've been able to reroute to backup(s). I'm guessing they inadvertently discovered a flaw in their network design Smiley Frustrated (or are blowing smoke about the real reason Smiley Wink

We’re experiencing system issues due to a power shutdown at one of our facilities, initiated after smoke was detected following routine maintenance. We’re working to restore services as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

— Wells Fargo (@WellsFargo) February 7, 2019

Seeing a lot of people saying they're stranded or in tough binds because their debit cards don't work, too. I can sympathize, but it does remind me of some of the best financial advice I ever got, which was basically "don't put all your eggs in one basket, and always have a backup"!

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 5 of 12
Andypanda
Established Contributor

@heyryan wrote:

Apparently they were doing "routine maintenance" and smelled smoke in a facility so they shut power down. Even if this was a data centre, they should've been able to reroute to backup(s). I'm guessing they inadvertently discovered a flaw in their network design Smiley Frustrated (or are blowing smoke about the real reason Smiley Wink

We’re experiencing system issues due to a power shutdown at one of our facilities, initiated after smoke was detected following routine maintenance. We’re working to restore services as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

— Wells Fargo (@WellsFargo) February 7, 2019

Seeing a lot of people saying they're stranded or in tough binds because their debit cards don't work, too. I can sympathize, but it does remind me of some of the best financial advice I ever got, which was basically "don't put all your eggs in one basket, and always have a backup"!

Just cause the website is down, dosn't mean debit cards are down. also their is a link stating that people can login at 

https://connect.secure.wellsfargo.com/auth/login/present?origin=cob&LOB=CONS

Message 6 of 12
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Andypanda wrote:

Just cause the website is down, dosn't mean debit cards are down. also their is a link stating that people can login at 

https://connect.secure.wellsfargo.com/auth/login/present?origin=cob&LOB=CONS

I found a number of articles talking about debit cards which is what I was going off of (here's one):

https://www.wect.com/2019/02/07/wells-fargo-outage-affecting-debit-cards-online-banking-nationwide/

(They also embed some of the people tweeting about their debit cards not working)

Online banking was partially working when I tried - I could see some info, but both my credit cards are currently MIA.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only surprise is that there isn't a topic declaring "Wells Fargo is incompetent" similar to the topic targeting Huntington National Bank just two days ago.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@

"My only surprise is that there isn't a topic declaring "Wells Fargo is incompetent"

well, thats a good laugh , you made my day!!!

Why in the world does the 4th largest bank not have a back up website/Data Center to put online for "outages"?

maybe they are to busy opening fake accounts...oh sorry ...FSRSmiley Wink

The Other Poster said about having a Backup account?, I do USBank & Charles Schwab. (I Know Schwab is a Brokerage)

but at least in 20 years, I have never had an issue getting My Money!

and I also Have a Schwab Debit Card.

Man, I guess Amex Traveler's Checks will come back in Style ..No?

"Don't Leave Home Without Them"

I always cary 8-10 Credit Cards, and A Mad Cash Stash of $100 in My Wallet.

and a few dollars stuffed in the matress. HA!

Message 9 of 12
Andypanda
Established Contributor

The wf app seeems to be back up and seems to be working fine.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.