Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo free FICO after app update

tag
j615
Regular Contributor

Wells Fargo free FICO after app update

Updated my WF app on my iPhone just now, and when I signed on, there's a new option to view my free FICO score. I have a Cash Back Visa card with them.

It's a nice addition, which I don't think I had access to before, but it's not displaying FICO 8, but instead FICO Bankcard Score 2. So far I can only retreive this option in the app and not on the desktop site.

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo free FICO after app update

nice addition! and its not a TU fico 08. at least they mixed it up for you with that fico EX bankcard 2. interesting! 

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice to see another credit scores besides TU !!!

Message 3 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah; though the TU 08 scores were released before FICO Open Access as an actual TU product apparently; everyone else is just using whatever they are pulling for AR's.  Strange to see WF use FICO Risk Model v2 Bankcard, but hey, not like their CC division is precisely market relevant.

        
Message 4 of 30
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah; though the TU 08 scores were released before FICO Open Access as an actual TU product apparently; everyone else is just using whatever they are pulling for AR's.  Strange to see WF use FICO Risk Model v2 Bankcard, but hey, not like their CC division is precisely market relevant.

very true, strange risk model they are offering and their credit card market is what it is. 

Message 5 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I seen this today as well. I noticed that you can see scores that were generated before March as well.

Message 6 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Appreciate the heads up OP.

Have not been using the WF ap, downloaded and logged in.  Got the Fico and it shows scores for the previous 12 months.

This particular Fico model scores me 30 points less than Fico 08.  Hate that!

Message 7 of 30
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Appreciate the heads up OP.

Have not been using the WF ap, downloaded and logged in.  Got the Fico and it shows scores for the previous 12 months.

This particular Fico model scores me 30 points less than Fico 08.  Hate that!

That's kinda awesome though for this sort of thing; don't think any other lender has disclosed their prior pulls.  Not sure how relevant that is for many people but I would've been interested to see the data if I had an account with them over the past year as my CR has gone through a number of non-trivial changes.

        
Message 8 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love that they aren't showing FICO 8.  I can get those elsewhere.  Lets me track progress on other scores w/o pulling a new 3B.

Message 9 of 30
ddemari
Super Contributor

I definitely would love to see the previous months too. Nice festure and thinking on their part.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.