cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?

tag
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?


@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Discover Scorecard gives a free EX FICO Score monthly and you dont even have to have a card.

https://csp.discover.com/free-credit-score/index.html


Interesting.  I have 2 Discover cards, but it gives me TU, not Experian.


 Yep as cardholders we get monthly TU FICO 8 scores. Discover Scorecard you get a free EX FICO 8 score for anyone. So 2 out of three aint bad. And if you get EQ FICO from their site. Its only FICO 4. Paid of course. Someone has to help pay their fine.Smiley Very Happy


If you join Langley federal credit union and open a checking and/or savings account it will give you a free equifax fico 08 updated monthly. It is in fact the only source I have found to get that score for free.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 21 of 27
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?


@sarge12 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Discover Scorecard gives a free EX FICO Score monthly and you dont even have to have a card.

https://csp.discover.com/free-credit-score/index.html


Interesting.  I have 2 Discover cards, but it gives me TU, not Experian.


 Yep as cardholders we get monthly TU FICO 8 scores. Discover Scorecard you get a free EX FICO 8 score for anyone. So 2 out of three aint bad. And if you get EQ FICO from their site. Its only FICO 4. Paid of course. Someone has to help pay their fine.Smiley Very Happy


If you join Langley federal credit union and open a checking and/or savings account it will give you a free equifax fico 08 updated monthly. It is in fact the only source I have found to get that score for free.


Good tip.

 

Does Langley pull credit to join?

Message 22 of 27
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?


@sarge12 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Discover Scorecard gives a free EX FICO Score monthly and you dont even have to have a card.

https://csp.discover.com/free-credit-score/index.html


Interesting.  I have 2 Discover cards, but it gives me TU, not Experian.


 Yep as cardholders we get monthly TU FICO 8 scores. Discover Scorecard you get a free EX FICO 8 score for anyone. So 2 out of three aint bad. And if you get EQ FICO from their site. Its only FICO 4. Paid of course. Someone has to help pay their fine.Smiley Very Happy


If you join Langley federal credit union and open a checking and/or savings account it will give you a free equifax fico 08 updated monthly. It is in fact the only source I have found to get that score for free.


Thank you Sarge. I am aware of that. The poster wanted to get a card as the title states above to possibly get a card that gives EX's FICO score. Why get a card just for the EX FICO score when you can get it for free at Discover Scorecard? Just saving the OP a new card hit and all that goes with a new account. That is if they chose to do so.


Message 23 of 27
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?


@FireMedic1 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@Gonzozap wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Discover Scorecard gives a free EX FICO Score monthly and you dont even have to have a card.

https://csp.discover.com/free-credit-score/index.html


Interesting.  I have 2 Discover cards, but it gives me TU, not Experian.


 Yep as cardholders we get monthly TU FICO 8 scores. Discover Scorecard you get a free EX FICO 8 score for anyone. So 2 out of three aint bad. And if you get EQ FICO from their site. Its only FICO 4. Paid of course. Someone has to help pay their fine.Smiley Very Happy


If you join Langley federal credit union and open a checking and/or savings account it will give you a free equifax fico 08 updated monthly. It is in fact the only source I have found to get that score for free.


Thank you Sarge. I am aware of that. The poster wanted to get a card as the title states above to possibly get a card that gives EX's FICO score. Why get a card just for the EX FICO score when you can get it for free at Discover Scorecard? Just saving the OP a new card hit and all that goes with a new account. That is if they chose to do so.


Can get free experian fico 08 at usa.experian.com as well free for everyone. Stagger the two and you can get experian fico 08 twice per month.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 24 of 27
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?

I am amazed that no credit card issuer has picked up on the fact that no credit card provides free monthly fico 08 equifax scores. Until I joined Langley FCU, I would have applied for a card that supplied equifax fico 08 scores for that reason alone. It would have been more attractive to me than these 150 dollar SUB's.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 25 of 27
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?


@sarge12 wrote:

I am amazed that no credit card issuer has picked up on the fact that no credit card provides free monthly fico 08 equifax scores. Until I joined Langley FCU, I would have applied for a card that supplied equifax fico 08 scores for that reason alone. It would have been more attractive to me than these 150 dollar SUB's.


Most Americans are not as Credit Conscious (obsessed) as MFers. Most Americans want the CA$H!







Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 26 of 27
Gonzozap
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Credit Cards(s) Provide FREE Experian scores?


@Medic981 wrote:

@sarge12 wrote:

I am amazed that no credit card issuer has picked up on the fact that no credit card provides free monthly fico 08 equifax scores. Until I joined Langley FCU, I would have applied for a card that supplied equifax fico 08 scores for that reason alone. It would have been more attractive to me than these 150 dollar SUB's.


Most Americans are not as Credit Conscious (obsessed) as MFers. Most Americans want the CA$H!


Wow.  First time I have seen the acronym "MFers."  At first, I thought, "Whattttt?"  Then, I suddenly realized.  :-)

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.