cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Happens When Account is Deleted from Credit Report?

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Re: What Happens When Account is Deleted from Credit Report?

@Anonymous wrote:

Not understanding what amex MSD means at all...date would follow me?>>Smiley Frustrated

1. If an account is deleted from your credit report, there will be no mention of the account. At all. So if there were any positives or negatives, they won't be counted when creating your credit score. 

I would not like to delete a positive account.

2. MSD: AMEX date of account opening. Once you have an AMEX card, say in 2009, all subsequent AMEX cards will report opened in 2009. It helps your age of accounts.

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. Well, I felt that the possibility of this account going delinquent was high, that's why I requested to be removed. I wouldn't want to have to go through the trouble of disputing stuff on my credit report because I would be the AU and the account holder didn't pay. 

Do all the credit bureaus remove these types of accounts? 

Message 12 of 14
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Gotcha. Well, I felt that the possibility of this account going delinquent was high, that's why I requested to be removed. I wouldn't want to have to go through the trouble of disputing stuff on my credit report because I would be the AU and the account holder didn't pay. 

Do all the credit bureaus remove these types of accounts? 

If your bank asks them to remove, they will remove. 

Otherwise, you can raise a dispute with a credit bureau saying you are not responsible for that account, and they will most likely remove it after 30 days.

Message 13 of 14
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

You might want to post this question on the credit card board with the title "What happens to the CC tradeline if I am removed as an AU"

I personally suspect it stays on your report as a positive tradeline for the dates you were associated with the card, but if you ask over there, someone else might know better. 

If it was an AMEX, they are known to backdate NEW cards that you personally apply for to the year you had on old AU cards, this can help with credit reporting by making it seem like you have had credit longer. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.