cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What accounts are used in calculating utlization?

tag
tmjacks

What accounts are used in calculating utlization?

Can someone please tell me if charge offs or collections are used in calculating utilization?  I have huge differences between my 3 reports regarding the % of utilization.

Thanks
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What accounts are used in calculating utlization?

tmjacks wrote:
Can someone please tell me if charge offs or collections are used in calculating utilization?  I have huge differences between my 3 reports regarding the % of utilization.

Thanks

Very good question! I had to dig deep to find the answer. The only collection and charge-off tradelines that are factored in your util% calcualtions are the ones being reported by the OC (original creditor) whereas any collection or CO being reported by a CA does not.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate to say this but your are wrong because Presideo is Collection company and they are included in our utilization. My husband only has a balance of 5.00 on his M/C and all the CRA have him at a 1127.00 Balanace due and 74% of Utilization being used. The only Item that he has on his report that would take it to that balance is Presidio. It is the same way on mine I have 2 CC in good standing and only have about 5% Utitlization on them and they factored in the 1268.00 with Presidio on mine as well.
Message 3 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

nikkoslilmouse wrote:
I hate to say this but your are wrong because Presideo is Collection company and they are included in our utilization. My husband only has a balance of 5.00 on his M/C and all the CRA have him at a 1127.00 Balanace due and 74% of Utilization being used. The only Item that he has on his report that would take it to that balance is Presidio. It is the same way on mine I have 2 CC in good standing and only have about 5% Utitlization on them and they factored in the 1268.00 with Presidio on mine as well.

Just because a CA or a CRA  screws up that does not make me wrong.Smiley Happy This is not suppose to happen! Dispute it as inaccurate with the CRA.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did several times and they just come back and say they have verified that account and now they say its stays longer than it should they reaged it
What else can I do except go to there office (where ever that is) and knock some since in them. wink smiley
I keep telling the CRA that they are a JDB and should not have that included in my Utilization
any help would be great I need 32 points bad

Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Fused is right... collection accounts are exempt from util.
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

One more tidbit! Collections reporting from a CA do not have CL's, therefore it's impossible for them to be factored in revolving util% calculations. Tusc, I assume this can be disputed but how should they go about doing it?   
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

bump

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.