cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are you doing to stay a head in the new FICO 08 release?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What are you doing to stay a head in the new FICO 08 release?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=56719

For anyone who has converted from AU to joint, or is planning to, here is a thread that I started in an attempt to track how each CCC handles this. Could you please update with your experiences, especially if they are different from what is already posted? I'm certain that some of this will change as we get closer to you-know-what. Thanks!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=56719

For anyone who has converted from AU to joint, or is planning to, here is a thread that I started in an attempt to track how each CCC handles this. Could you please update with your experiences, especially if they are different from what is already posted? I'm certain that some of this will change as we get closer to you-know-what. Thanks!

I'm thinking about trying to go joint of DW's cards.  She has the limits we need, plus decent age.  Of course, if it's going to cost me a hard anyway, I might be better off just applying for cards of my own and letting them grow.  I haven't applied for a card of my own in 7 years and am unsure what kind of offers I might get now.  After switching products on her cards she got some higher APR's so maybe I'll try for some low APR card(s) to round out our inventory.
Message 22 of 25
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

krystofur wrote:
I'm thinking about trying to go joint of DW's cards.  She has the limits we need, plus decent age.  Of course, if it's going to cost me a hard anyway, I might be better off just applying for cards of my own and letting them grow. 

Depends on the time scale that interests you.  The advantage of joint is the average age effect -if you apply for a bunch for yopurself it could reduce your average a lot if you have not apped in 7 years! 
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

MidnightVoice wrote:

Depends on the time scale that interests you.  The advantage of joint is the average age effect -if you apply for a bunch for yopurself it could reduce your average a lot if you have not apped in 7 years! 

Yeah, which is why we were glad when BoA reopened a four year old account of her's I (I'll take the blame) closed last year without thinking first.  She's got great age related stats, mine are good, but would slip into just okay with a couple of new accounts.  I do have one new CFL, opened in December, and one other 18 month old CFL.  I'm a sucker for "free" financing.
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Bama. I'm a Georgia boy. Filed in rural south Georgia in November of 2002. Finished up in December of 2002. BK will report until 2012 but all other baddies will drop off in about 23 months as stated in my credit reports.
Oh, I live in Las Vegas now.

Message Edited by beenthere on 01-24-2008 08:02 PM
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.