cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What banks offer quick real-time online banking?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: What banks offer quick real-time online banking?

@JNA1 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately there are no big bank branches in my town, besides BB&T, and they aren’t as big as the others mentioned. Of the big banks, BOA is closest to me. There is a BBVA branch in the town where I work.

Most everything we do is direct deposit, but I’ve never banked without a local branch, so I’m not sure how that would work out.

We've entered the era of online banking only. You can have a big bank without a local branch unless you plan to do a lot of deposits and withdrawals in person. I don't even remember the last time I set foot in one of my banks or credit unions.

Message 11 of 24
iv
Valued Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

We've entered the era of online banking only. You can have a big bank without a local branch unless you plan to do a lot of deposits and withdrawals in person. I don't even remember the last time I set foot in one of my banks or credit unions.

Yup.  I think it's been about 5 years for me... (Needed to get a large cashier's check.)

Closest I've been since then is using the ATM in the drive-through.

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 12 of 24
JNA1
Valued Contributor

There is a BOA ATM about 7 miles from my house and they say it has check or cash deposit capability. How does this work and is it reliable/trouble-free?

I do some work on cars as kind of a sideline job (when I have time these days🙄) SL j have to make some deposits from time to time.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 13 of 24
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
I’m not sure if that is the correct term, but what I’m looking for is a bank that shows debits, deposits, etc. instantly on the online checking app, like my Discover card does. I banked with CharterBank for many years, and they are very good online banking app. It wasn’t quite as good as my Discover card, but almost all activity was shown online as soon as it happened. Charter was bought out by CenterState Bank, and their app totally sucks. You get updates Monday-Friday morning, and then you get no activity shown again through the whole weekend. I have myself, my wife, and my daughter all with debit cards, and though they do a pretty good job of letting me know what they spend, now I have to manually add it up for 3 days to keep track of it. I’m sick them, but I want to make sure I change to bank that at least was as good as Charter was.

Almost all banks and credit unions have that now, from my experience. I can't think of a single one that I have that doesn't.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 14 of 24
iv
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
There is a BOA ATM about 7 miles from my house and they say it has check or cash deposit capability. How does this work and is it reliable/trouble-free?

Works fine - insert card, PIN, select deposit, enter the amount, place the checks/cash in the provided envelope, insert in the (correct!) slot. Just about the same scope for possible issues as an in-person teller.

Or... even better, just use mobile deposit on the bank's phone app for the checks.  (The app takes a photo of the front/back of the check, you keep the physical check until it's cleared, then shred it. Works great - the per-check, per-day, and per-month deposit limits vary by bank and in some cases by account holder.)

Message 15 of 24
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica my bank nor my CU has online that stays current. Both are small, regional institutions though.
Such is life in small town, USA!

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 16 of 24
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@iv According to BOA’s, you insert the checks and cash bill by bill into the slot and it reads them and gives you a receipt. They say it can accept up to 40 bills at time. (Not that I’d be depositing 40 grand into a ATM!😂)

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 17 of 24
iv
Valued Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:
@iv According to BOA’s, you insert the checks and cash bill by bill into the slot and it reads them and gives you a receipt. They say it can accept up to 40 bills at time.

Ooh! You've got a fancy one there.  In that case, I'd say it'll be even less error-prone than a teller.

@JNA1 wrote:
(Not that I’d be depositing 40 grand into a ATM!😂)

If you've got 40 of these laying around, I'm pretty they'd be worth more than face value today!

US-$1000-GC-1934-Fr-2409.jpg

Message 18 of 24
JNA1
Valued Contributor

😂😂

CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 19 of 24
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately there are no big bank branches in my town, besides BB&T, and they aren’t as big as the others mentioned. Of the big banks, BOA is closest to me. There is a BBVA branch in the town where I work.

Most everything we do is direct deposit, but I’ve never banked without a local branch, so I’m not sure how that would work out.

Ditto

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.