cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What banks offer quick real-time online banking?

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What banks offer quick real-time online banking?

@iv wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:
There is a BOA ATM about 7 miles from my house and they say it has check or cash deposit capability. How does this work and is it reliable/trouble-free?

Works fine - insert card, PIN, select deposit, enter the amount, place the checks/cash in the provided envelope, insert in the (correct!) slot. Just about the same scope for possible issues as an in-person teller.

Or... even better, just use mobile deposit on the bank's phone app for the checks.  (The app takes a photo of the front/back of the check, you keep the physical check until it's cleared, then shred it. Works great - the per-check, per-day, and per-month deposit limits vary by bank and in some cases by account holder.)

Honestly, I dont even know the last time I used an envelope. The ATM asks you to stack and insert about 20 bills at a time, it takes the cash and counts it, asks if it's the correct amount, asks if you have more to deposit, then spits out a receipt of your total deposit. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 21 of 24
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Ok, this sounds like my best option unless BB&T has a good real time banking app. They are about 2 miles from the house and would be the most convenient for us.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 22 of 24
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Is it a no-no to transferring money from my credit union to PayPal and then from PayPal to another bank?
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:
Is it a no-no to transferring money from my credit union to PayPal and then from PayPal to another bank?

PayPal doesn't like this. 

You can use Zelle for this (unsupported bank using a debit card is $400 I believe, supported banks are all over the map - my bank allows $1500 per transaction, $2500 per week, up to $10K per month) or you can just write yourself a check from one bank and put it in the other. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.