Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can I do?

tag
ray8806
Regular Contributor

What can I do?

When I got my CSP, I checked with the rep about raising my limit. I know that usually it is a hard pull, but she specifically said that it would be a soft pull. I told her that if it was going to be a hard pull, then to not go through with it but if it was a soft pull, that she could proceed. Well, I just got a letter in the mail from Chase explaining the reason for the denial of the CLI....usually someone only gets those when they did a hard pull right?

I called Chase and all the rep said was that he can give me 5,000 UR points for the confusion. I refused and asked to go higher. The supervisor woman stated that she can't do anything  and Chase can't take the inquiry off my credit. 

I mean, I don't really care that I was denied for the increase (I actually agree with the denial), but I only said "why not?" Because it was a soft pull.

Should I create a stink about it? Or just let it go since the inquiry will be dropped in two years?

EQ: 710(FICO) EX: 695(FICO) TU: 708(FICO)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What can I do?

They would receive the same, full CR regardless of how the inquiry was coded.

You first need to confirm how it was actually coded, such as by seeing it shown in a credit report obtained by another.

Message 2 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

The rep may have misstated but they had permissible purpose.  Always assume a hard pull for these things (even though some CLI's can be done with a soft) and you won't be setting yourself up for disappointment.

Message 3 of 7
ray8806
Regular Contributor

So it's legit, even if I specifically said "No" to a hard pull and she told me it was supposed to be a soft?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

So your only reason for determining that it was a HP was because you received a denial letter? I get those all the time for SP increase requests.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So your only reason for determining that it was a HP was because you received a denial letter? I get those all the time for SP increase requests.

+1

Soft pull denials also result in such letters. Not sure about Chase specifically since I have not asked for a Chase CLI in years due to my insane limits with them due to credit line consolidations. 

Message 6 of 7
ray8806
Regular Contributor

Well that, and my CreditKarma Equifax report shows an inquiry from Chase on that date.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.