cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can cause drastic difference in score across CB?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What can cause drastic difference in score across CB?

Hi - So, recently my Experian number fell to 619.  No negatives, some inquiries, but nothing negative at all.

My TU is at 719 and EQ at 691.

Why such the big gap there?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What can cause drastic difference in score across CB?

Hello @incontrol2017,

I have read about credit scores never being constant and change with + or - 25 points easily every month varied with reference to their model algorithm. As long as we are trending in the right direction with no high util %, paying on time and causing no HP with new applications, expect it to grow over the time.

Regards,

Dhi

Message 2 of 7
Kree
Established Contributor

Recently I had a TU score quite a few points below  the other bureaus.  My MyFICO report showed nothing wrong or strang, but when I looked at my report directly from TU there was an account erroneously reporting a 30d late.

I would suggest, if you haven't already, going directly to Experian to check your report, there might be something there that shouldn't be.

Message 3 of 7
thornback
Senior Contributor

Assuming these are FICO scores you are referencing - something significant had to happen to see a 100 point drop (per the scores in your signature) on only one bureau. Do you have access to your last EX report with the 717 score and the current report with the 619 score so you can compare line by line? Did this drop happen all at once, or is this the cumulative effect of small drops over time?
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as this happened at the beginning of the month, I pulled that report and NOTHING.  Nothing drastically changed, nothing was negative, nothing.  

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousAs soon as this happened at the beginning of the month, I pulled that report and NOTHING.  Nothing drastically changed, nothing was negative, nothing.  

When you say you pulled that report, where did you get it from?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I subscribe to this website's monitoring and I pulled it from here.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.