Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What can happen after a TL deletion?

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

What can happen after a TL deletion?

Moderator: I realize that I posted this in another topic, but this is a better topic to post it under:

Bank of America wasn't able to validate CC lates that they were were reporting to the CRAs, so the TL was deleted. I do have a balance with them and plan to do a BT to another card which would put my new BofA balance to $0.

Will the TL appear again and will it have the previous CC lates shown or will it just have my new balance of $0?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: What can happen after a TL deletion?

If the accuracy cannot be verified or the information corrected within the dispute period, then it must be deleted.

However, deletion is not permanent.

The furnisher can, at any later time, reinsert the deleted information if they include a certifcation of accuracy of the information with their reporting.

That then provides the verification that was previously not submitted within the dispute period.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I removed the other thread for you from the RYC forum.

Message 3 of 4
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Thank you...both of you!

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.