cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What difference between how Credit Karma and Fico calculate AAoA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What difference between how Credit Karma and Fico calculate AAoA?

Hey, Credit Warriors!

I have been confusing the two for a while and have had many of you correct me in many posts.

I am crazy! 😂😂😂
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: What difference between how Credit Karma and Fico calculate AAoA?

FICO AAoA 14 years

CK AAoA   10 months

CK is a joke

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

FICO and VantageScore count both closed and open accounts on one's report when calculating AAoA (average age of accounts), AoYA (age of youngest account), and AoOA (age of oldest account). Credit Karma's front end software gets this wrong and uses only open accounts.

Karma also botches utilization. FICO always rounds up, e.g. 2.1% becomes 3%. Karma will round 2.1% down to 2%. Other sites, including sites that provide FICO scores, have also been known to do this.

Don't confuse the way FICO handles account age stats with the way it handles number/percentage of cards reporting positive balances. For number/percentage of cards reporting positive balances, FICO considers only open accounts.

Message 3 of 6
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Where can I view my AAoA on MyFico? I can't seem to find it. 

Message 4 of 6
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@grower1, on your dashboard, click on one of your FICO8 scores. In the FICO Score 8 Ingredients section, AAoA will be listed under "Length Of Credit History."

Message 5 of 6
grower1
Frequent Contributor

Got it, thanks! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.