Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is FIA/MBNA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is FIA/MBNA?

What company is FIA/MBNA?  I just got notified of an inquiry on my cr, due to my applying for credit with them, and I have no idea who they are.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: What is FIA/MBNA?

MBNA was Maryland National Bank... them Bank of America bought them out.. Now they are FIA. Smiley Happy

Did you apply for a credit card recently?
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a BofA card recently.  However, there is already a BofA inquiry on my cr, and now there is also an inquiry from FIA/MBNA.   
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Are both inqs on the same reports? Sometimes the names can differ between EQ, EX, and TU.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's only on the Eq report, listed as FIA/CSNA.  On the other reports it's listed as a BofA inquiry. 

They actually already have my new account on all three cr, and I don't even have the card yet.

It looks like they pulled Eq and Ex.

Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Cool. And congrats!
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

KDM:

I have an FIA Visa, use to be MBNA.  Boy they can be tough with new applicants.  Requiring you to score high with their own scoring models.  As far as CLI's, they are good.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still trying to graduate my secured card...someone told me I have to have no baddies and the credit rating of Satan Himself. I think that may be something of an exaggeration, but perhaps not by much...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.