cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a vantage score and how good is it ??

tag
YoungJay18
Contributor

What is a vantage score and how good is it ??

I have a capital one Journey card and I was told to use the Credit Karma thing and they show me a vantage score how useful is this score compared to others 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is a vantage score and how good is it ??

It's another type of FAKO score (i.e. a non-FICO score), and as such, it's more or less useless. Further, the advice offered on many sites may help a particular FAKO, but would hurt your FICO (or vice versa).

They're noted as being for "educational use only," but I propose they're really for "entertainment use only."

Message 2 of 7
YoungJay18
Contributor

Alright thanks so in that case ill get my fico better and since I just got a credit card recently how long do I have to wit till I can get my fico score

Message 3 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Is your new CapOne the only open account you have?

Message 4 of 7
YoungJay18
Contributor

Yes and i just got it in april

Message 5 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

If this is your only open account, then you should be able to obtain a FICO within 5-6 months. The min. requirement is 6 months from the open date.

Definitely don't rely on Vantage in the interim though. That score runs off a scale of 501-990 vs. FICO's 300-850.

Message 6 of 7
YoungJay18
Contributor

alright thanks alot Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.