Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best avenue for increasing score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best avenue for increasing score

I have a lot of old medical debt and some new debt.
I have obtained new credit to try to build up my score.
Should i concentrate on paying off the old debt or paying down my new debt which I am Current on?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the best way in dealing with the medical deb...

I have found the best way in dealing with the medical debt is to go back to the doctors office and either payoff the amount owed or make payment arrangements and ask them to delete the items from your credit report. I have done this with five of them over the last few months and all have agreed and done that, my score has gone up from 50 to 101 points on all three. I have also found that the credit collection companies will NOT work with you and tell you it can't be done.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

"I have done this with five of them over the last fe...

"I have done this with five of them over the last few months and all have agreed and done that, my score has gone up from 50 to 101 points on all three. I have also found that the credit collection companies will NOT work with you and tell you it can't be done."

What you say is very interesting. I called yesterday on a notice for a medical collection and found out that I'm too late and it was reported a week ago. If only my ex had given me my mail a week earlier!! Anyway, I have begged and begged and they say it's too late. The collection company wants me to pay the $100 but will not delete under any circumstance even though it is a recent colletion. I have called 3 times and pleaded with the manager. I want to know how you did what you did. Was the doctor's office willing/able to recall the account from the collection agency? How exactly then do you get it off of your credit?

Message Edited by madriley on 03-07-2007 09:22 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

A lot of medical offices will not delete under any crcums...

A lot of medical offices will not delete under any crcumstances once reported to the CB.  The good thing is that once they are paid, they start having less and less of an effect on your score.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.