cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best loan for building a detached garage.

tag
Bogey1975
Contributor

What is the best loan for building a detached garage.

I'm going though the final plans, permitting and approvals now. I'd like to started building around mid April. What is the best type of loan for this project. I was hoping to find something better then a signature loan.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

Re: What is the best loan for building a detached garage.

Have you tried getting a hold of your bank and asking them? I imagine this would be a good use of a HELOC if that is an option.

3/3/24
Message 2 of 4
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

@Lou-natic wrote:

Have you tried getting a hold of your bank and asking them? I imagine this would be a good use of a HELOC if that is an option.

I was thinking HELOC as well, since it's presumably going on the property the loan would be against.

Message 3 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Bogey1975 wrote:

I'm going though the final plans, permitting and approvals now. I'd like to started building around mid April. What is the best type of loan for this project. I was hoping to find something better then a signature loan.

Thanks

I personally do not recommend borrowing against your home.

And I'm no lover of installment loans.

So my suggestion would be to get either a personal line of credit from a credit union, or a credit union non-rewards platinum card with no cash advance fees, or both, so that you'll have a ready source of money for contractors who don't accept credit cards or who prefer cash.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.