cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best way to remove hard Inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the best way to remove hard Inquiries?

Hello everyone.. I have a lot of HP in the last 18 months. About 40 of them. 12 will fall off in June 2020 (auto loan. My score is near 700. I am never late on my credit cards ever. No collections. I just got BBVA card. My credit/debit ratio is 13%and goal is 7%. My history is 1.1 years with  paid off 4 student loans. My question is : what is the best way to remove credit inquieiws without waiy 24 months to have them fall off. Thank you for your time.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the best way to remove hard Inquiries?

Just my 2 cents, but I would be very skeptical of a company "removing hard inquiries".   The only real way to get it removed is if it is a result of fraud. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just my 2 cents, but I would be very skeptical of a company "removing hard inquiries".   The only real way to get it removed is if it is a result of fraud. 

I have heard "if you were'nt issued credit its a good chance you can get it removed". I'm not sure how true that is, but I always do my due diligence before I proceed.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are no guarantees with approvals.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Very skeptical! If not fraud, you'll have to wait 2 yrs until they fall off CR's.

Message 5 of 11
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Legitimate inquiries stay on  your report for 2 years +. There is no way to remove them just because you dont like them. As stated, fraud can be a case where they are removed legally but other than that,  you must wait the allotted time for them to fall off and any  company claiming they can remove legit inquiries  is a scam imo. Save your money. 

Message 6 of 11
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have heard "if you were'nt issued credit its a good chance you can get it removed". I'm not sure how true that is, but I always do my due diligence before I proceed.

Inquiries that are not a result of fraud are not eligible to be removed. Being denied for credit does not make the inquiry invalid. It will remain for 2 years. If you legitimately applied for credit, approved or not, the inquiry stands.

To be honest, I would be very skeptical of dealing with any sketchy company who says they will "remove" the inquiries.

It's not worth it anyway IMO, inquiries are by far not the most important factor in your score. If you are being weighed down with inquiries just stop applying for credit and let time do its thing.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Inquiries that are not a result of fraud are not eligible to be removed. Being denied for credit does not make the inquiry invalid. It will remain for 2 years. If you legitimately applied for credit, approved or not, the inquiry stands.

To be honest, I would be very skeptical of dealing with any sketchy company who says they will "remove" the inquiries.

It's not worth it anyway IMO, inquiries are by far not the most important factor in your score. If you are being weighed down with inquiries just stop applying for credit and let time do its thing.

+10

Message 8 of 11
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

The easiest, best and only legitimate way to remove them is to wait 2 years! They're not scorable after 1 year and if you don't want 40+ inq's then slow down on the apps. Mortgage and automotive inq's are all scored as one as long as 1. They're coded as such and 2. They're done within a certain time frame of each other-- 2 weeks I think.... you will see each one but they're most definitely viewed as one at least on manual review. I'm not sure what the algorithms do with that info though.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 9 of 11
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

They will probably be back......I have seen that sometimes negatives are removed from a report if a dispute has been initiated on a specific account.......after the investigation they re-appear.   You have to be careful disputing inquiries....if you dispute inquiries, theoretically a company can retract credit that was extended, especially if you say " it wasn't me" on the dispute. 

Check with your sister and see if after a while, likely after she has paid for the services, that the inquiries have returned.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.