Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your credit score?

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a survey I'm conducting. I wanted to see whether men or women are better at managing their credit score and reports and whether age makes a difference between the three scores. I wanted to know the number of inquiries to see the average a person would have within the 2 year time span before they "expire" on their credit report. 

I hope this isn't for a statistics class.  If so, automatic FAIL.  You just hit every sampling bias possible:  Voluntary response, nonresponse, convenience sample, social favorability.   Your sampling error would be HUGE!

Message 11 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think you would get skewed results for what you're looking for, possibly. Like regarding age, I had scores in the 730-760 range when I was younger and spent absolutely no time trying to have good credit...fast forward 20 years later, my scores are in the 630-675 range and I am trying like the dickens to rebuild. And gender? I actually think, from what I can tell on here, there is a good mix of people of all genders trying their best to manage their credit well. Smiley Happy

Bingo, and also it's skewed as this forum is a self selecting population anyway, and with this forum anywhere we posted the survey would be even further self-selected as there isn't a lot of cross-pollination between the individual boards here... most people find one or two homes and tend to stay there TBH.  As a result, anyone trying to do research of this nature on a place where most people found it because something went wrong in their credit using lives, is going to be somewhere between bad and laughable as a dataset.

        
Message 12 of 17
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just a survey I'm conducting. I wanted to see whether men or women are better at managing their credit score and reports and whether age makes a difference between the three scores. I wanted to know the number of inquiries to see the average a person would have within the 2 year time span before they "expire" on their credit report. 

I hope this isn't for a statistics class.  If so, automatic FAIL.  You just hit every sampling bias possible:  Voluntary response, nonresponse, convenience sample, social favorability.   Your sampling error would be HUGE!

+1

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

like a gambling survey on the Vegas Strip
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know if having a better score is akin to being better at "managing" your score, since I take you mean "managing their score" to be the same as saying "managing their credit and/or finances." People get into financial trouble for rather innocent reasons all the time, like hospital bills, divorce or losing a job. Sometimes people's parents or spouses ruin their credit, even.

I'm always curious about how many inquiries other people have, though. I've got about 5 on each bureau, give or take. I'm in rebuild and don't want to go crazy apping for a bunch of crappy cards.

Message 15 of 17
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know if having a better score is akin to being better at "managing" your score, since I take you mean "managing their score" to be the same as saying "managing their credit and/or finances." People get into financial trouble for rather innocent reasons all the time, like hospital bills, divorce or losing a job. Sometimes people's parents or spouses ruin their credit, even.

I'm always curious about how many inquiries other people have, though. I've got about 5 on each bureau, give or take. I'm in rebuild and don't want to go crazy apping for a bunch of crappy cards.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/How-many-Inquires-do-you-HONESTLY-have/td-p/3872489

Data is a bit old but it should still be good enough to get an idea on the forum distribution of inquiry counts as there were a large number of reponses even if it's likely substantially higher than the consumer average.

        
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

731 ex
773 eq
761 tu

1 inquiry with tu the rest are 0

I've had credit three years.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.