cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the deal with Samsung Financing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the deal with Samsung Financing?

Well, in case anyone was hoping for a resolution, the hard pull dropped me from 751 to 739 via Experian FICO8, but Samsung decided I qualified for a $6,500 revolving line of credit in the process, which if my math is correct will ultimately help my score once the hard pull drops off. Also very clever by them since it's likely I will, at some point, need to buy some expensive stuff and am now more likely to look at their products in the future. There were a few threads here asking this question with no follow up so I wanted to post the resolution for anyone out there googling and stumbling onto this forum!!
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

While not sure I would ever app for Samsung credit, thanks for the DP. It at least gives me some insight into how they operate, hence CFA or standard revolving. I've always just used an existing CC to buy my phones, as I'm not keen on unneeded HPs. But it seems that in order to get certain parks you have to app for their financing. 

I used to love Sammy, but recently am becoming less enchanted with their products. 

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, they're hit or miss for me. The TVs I've owned from them have been rock solid and I was vastly more impressed with the Note 10+ and Galaxy Buds than I was with the Pixel 4 XL and Pixel Buds, especially given that at the time I made this thread the P4XL was more expensive. I don't like paying interest so I don't usually make large purchases on my CCs when I can avoid it, but I understand that those are just philosophical differences at the end of the day.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.