Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your sign? Identification verification questions 😁

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's your sign? Identification verification questions 😁

So I signed into annualcreditreport.com to get my free annual credit reports this year.

One of the questions was about my deceased ex-husbands family members that live in another state... ummmm ok, answered that.

The next question was " According to your birthdate on file, what is your astrological sign?"

😁🤣😁🤣 wt heck????

Anyone else get these weird questions when accessing their credit reports??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What's your sign? Identification verification questions 😁

Now that’s a weird one. To make sure you’re at an official site, I suggest requesting your free credit reports from www.annualcreditreport.com.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edited to correct the website.. that is the website that I visited... just thought that question was seriously strange!
Message 3 of 7
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

That is a strange question, alot of folks including me would have to look it up, I have no interest in knowing whatever astrological sign my birthday corresponds to.

They're getting worse & worse on the identity questions - I opened a banking account a few weeks ago and a multiple choice question was the name of a street I have lived on, I was very lucky to recognize the street name of where I lived as a child, in the 1950s & 60s! C'mon, you can't come up with something just a bit more recent than 60 years ago?????

Message 4 of 7
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@DaveInAZ wrote:

That is a strange question, alot of folks including me would have to look it up, I have no interest in knowing whatever astrological sign my birthday corresponds to.

They're getting worse & worse on the identity questions - I opened a banking account a few weeks ago and a multiple choice question was the name of a street I have lived on, I was very lucky to recognize the street name of where I lived as a child, in the 1950s & 60s! C'mon, you can't come up with something just a bit more recent than 60 years ago?????

A few years ago (way before I straightened my credit), I decided to check my credit reports to make sure nothing funny was going on, and I couldn't answer any of the questions! IT was asking me about streets and NEARBY streets of where I've lived - it doesn't help that I moved A LOT in college and none of the dates and timelines about my addresses were correct. They also wanted to know the nearest hospital to an address I lived at. I had to look in Google Maps to find the answers. THEN it asked me about what my monthly mortgage payments were, and I freaked out because I've never had a mortgage. I ended up failing and just gave up. It took me years before I worked up the courage again, and now here I am lol.

Message 5 of 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Was one of the choices for  sign “neon”?

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Andypanda- 🤣

It makes you seriously wonder about how they even come up with these questions...🙄
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.