Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do? Original Credit Counselling Co. sold my account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do? Original Credit Counselling Co. sold my account

Hello,

I was enrolled with a credit counselling company and things were looking good until they were bought out by another company.  I am not happy at all with the new company and I need help.  I have requested information from the new company and it took me 6 weeks to get that information.  When I finally received the information on Friday I was not happy with what I was reading.  The new company wants to charge me setup fees and processing fees, why should I have to pay fees if my account was already set up?

My credit cards have not been paid for 2 months now and I am at a loss of what to do.  I'd like to contact another company with a good track record.  I have contacted all of my credit card companies to let them know what happened but of course the bills will keep piling up regardless.  

Can someone please refer me to a good credit counselling service company?  I am not looking to stiff any of my credit card companies but I do not want to get dooped by my credit counselling company either.

Please Help. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: What should I do? Original Credit Counselling Co. sold my account

Welcome to the forum.  I sent you a PM with the URL of the one I used.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You need to contact an 'accredited' CCCS,

http://www.debtadvice.org/takethefirststep/locator.cfm

It sounds like you were enrolled with one of those fly-by-night outfits that promise alot, and deliver more trouble than you started with.

I hope it works out for you, 

Message 3 of 7
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

If you decide to swtich or dispute with your current debt management program, please be sure to make atleast the minimum payments to your creditors.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 7
JayBeast
New Contributor

I agree with everyone above.  I've also sent you a PM with my credit counseling company.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to the company that has brought my account from my original company: 

https://www.myadc.org/index.html  

Please let me know what you think.  The companies that i have called have yet to get back to me and i need to make a move by next week or my accounts will go in to collections again.

Message Edited by jbjints on 12-13-2008 03:16 PM
Message 6 of 7
JayBeast
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Here is a link to the company that has brought my account from my original company: 

https://www.myadc.org/index.html  

Please let me know what you think. 

Hmmm.  Looks funny to me due due to the lack of support on the site.  I would suggest finding a credit counselor through the National Foundation for Credit Counseling.  www.nfcc.org  

Good luck.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.