cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I do about my Chase Freedom Unlimited denial?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I do about my Chase Freedom Unlimited denial?

Hello, I recently applied for a Chase Freedom Unlimited card and I'm almost sure I've gotten denied. From what I've read, the 7-10 day message is a bad one. My question is should I call the recon line and hope to get approved? I'm almost positive I got denied due to the 2/30 rule as I applied for Amex (2000CL) and Discover (6500CL) and got approved for both but learned about the 2/30 rule after I applied for Chase. Should I call the recon line and hope for the best? What could tempt them to overturn their decision? I already took the inquiry from them so that's making me lean towards calling them or should I wait and reapply later on? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I do about my Chase Freedom Unlimited denial?

2/30 applies only to Chase applications, 5/24 is the one that applies across all accounts. You should call, often it's just security verification with Chase.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, looks like i’m going to have to go through the dreadful call after all.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info and suggestion you posted here.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll be here all week.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.