Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What subscription is best for me ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What subscription is best for me ?

Hello, not sure if I'm in the right forum section.
But I'm currently trying to rebuild and fix my credit and I wanted to know my actual true credit/FICO score. I see all the subscriptions that are available but I'm confused as to what's best for me. All I want is to know my actual credit/FICO score for all 3 bureaus. If anyone can help , I'd appreciate it.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Kree
Established Contributor

Re: What subscription is best for me ?

If its within your budget the ultimate 3B would be the best option. If gives you to the minute score monitoring, and a full 3 bureau report every month.  Great stuff, because sometimes tradelines disappear and appear again due to errors, so knowing whats coming and going is important.

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking about the ultime 3b ?
And cool awesome. Good to know man, I appreciate all this.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember though that Kree is cautioning you that the myFICO Ultimate product is not cheap.  Either $30 or $40 per month.

There are alternative approaches that are either free or which cost $1 -- and these may be right for you if you want to be careful with your money.  The $1 trial offer at Credit Check Total is one such option.

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That sounds good. I'll check that out as well. I don't mind the cost, as long as it's worth for what it does. If it gets the job done I don't mind it. In comparison to the $1 ones, is there any major differences? Is the high price really worth it? I don't mind but if the $1 ones do the same if rather not spend so much. BTW I appreciate the concern. Thanks for the quick replies guys.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope contributor Brutal Body Shots will chime in.  He can tell you a lot more about CCT.

If you use CCT, you'd buy their $1 trial and then cancel it, once per month.  That would give you a three-bureau report and your three FICO 8 classic scores.  For a person who is trying to rebuild, these three primary scores are probably less confusing then two dozen variations on them.  The only exception might be if you were planning to buy a house in the next six months.

There also also tools that will give you free reports and another tool that will give you a free report and a free FICO 8 Classic score.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use the combination of 4 different sites/services and spend a total of $9.95 a month, I have pretty much full understanding, monitoring and control of all 3 bureaus in real time.

1. Experian Credit Works - $9.95/month, daily FICO 8 and report update, ability to lock and unlock your EX with a push of a button, monitoring/alerts.

2. TrueIdentity.com by TransUnion - Free. Daily report update but no scores, ability to lock and unlock your TU, monitoring/alerts.

3. TrustedID by Equifax - Free. Daily report update but no score, ability to lock and unlock your EQ, monitoring/alerts.

4. Credit Karma - haha yes I said it! Obviously the VantageScore it offers is to be taken with a grain of salt but its reporting is very accurate and the user interface is much better and friendlier than what is offered by TrueIdentiy and TrustedID, and its alerts are mostly super fast..... mostly.

You can supplement this with an occasional dose of CCT $1 trial if you must have your FICO TU and EQ but once you start to get familiar with your reports, you can pretty mush guess within a few points based on the information available to you from the above list.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like the MyFico 3B monthly subscription, personally. But it is expensive. 

For me, I enjoy seeing all my scores across all the bureaus regularly; bankcard, auto, and mortgage as well as Fico8. And I like the updates and alerts whenever my score has changed or an inquiry has been added to my report. I like tracking all the data month to month in detail and learning from it, and as I spend a fair amount of time on the forums, I like having everything in one place. Of course there are other less expensive ways of getting a peek at your scores and reports, but the convenience in seeing the differences and details between my scores paired with the helpfulness of the forums has been invaluable for me. It's just expensive, so whether or not it is worth it depends very much on the individual and their situation.

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the most important to me is the ability to lock and unlock my reports at will without having to deal with all the troubles that come with freezing/unfreezing reports. 3 weeks ago I applied for membership with Connexus FCU to gain access to their 3% 5 year CD, did my homework prior to pulling the trigger and was assured only SP on TU, few hours after submitting application online I received a secured email asking me to unfreeze my TU, I got on the phone thinking they wanted to HP but the guy assured me it's only an SP. I logged into my TrueIdentity and unlocked the report while on the phone, the guy ran the SP and I locked the report again, the whole sequence took less than 30 seconds.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
What is the most important to me is the ability to lock and unlock my reports at will without having to deal with all the troubles that come with freezing/unfreezing reports. 3 weeks ago I applied for membership with Connexus FCU to gain access to their 3% 5 year CD, did my homework prior to pulling the trigger and was assured only SP on TU, few hours after submitting application online I received a secured email asking me to unfreeze my TU, I got on the phone thinking they wanted to HP but the guy assured me it's only an SP. I logged into my TrustedID and unlocked the report while on the phone, the guy ran the SP and I locked the report again, the whole sequence took less than 30 seconds.

For locking and unlocking trueidentityworks can lock and unlock Transunion for free. Bonus you can refresh your credit report once a day. Experian has a free report updated every month with a FICO 8 Experian score. Discovercredit scorecard is a free Experian FICO 8 updated monthly too. I use both for updates twice a month. Experian creditworks upgrade allows you to lock and unlock your Experian report for $9.99 a month. Obviously Credit karma allows you to see your Equifax credit report for free. The hardest one to crack cheaply seems to be Equifax for a free credit FICO score. Besides a few credit cards it seems to be all pay to see that, and I know of no way to lock Equifax for free or cheap for most people. Equifax is so far behind the curb for products it isn’t even funny.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.