cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When did federal credit unions start reporting to CRAs?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did federal credit unions start reporting to CRAs?

My DH bought a car in 1999 with his now ex-spouse. The credit union told him that they could not report to CRAs, good or bad.
ex-spouse got the car in the divorce, and lost it to repo. Now it is on DH credit as repo with 9 90day late pays.
The original company went out of business, but it is still showing in accounts with new company name, not collection agency, but trugrocer federal credit union, used to be Albertsons federal credit union.
When did credit unions begin reporting, and can we get this removed since it was not supposed to be reported back then?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When did federal credit unions start reporting to CRAs?

My auto loan, which is through a FCU, has always reported.

I would assume the negative account would continue to report for 7 years after the loan first went delinquent (although I'm not familiar with the specifics of repos).
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My car loan with Navy Federal was opened in 1997 and it was reported. I declared bankruptcy in 2001 and the loan was included. It remained reported as "included in bankruptcy" until March 2008 when it fell off (7 years since first negative = bankruptcy filing).

Not sure where the idea that CU can't report. Maybe the clerk was just wrong. Maybe it was a miscommunication "we don't report" or "we choose not to report" or "we are lazy and only report negatives". Unless you can find some statute (unlikely it exists) that says CU are prohibits from reporting to CRA then you are stuck w/ the negative account.

Message Edited by CreditMizer on 04-21-2008 12:44 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.