cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When do credit card companies report balance to credit bureau? Thanks.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When do credit card companies report balance to credit bureau? Thanks.

When do credit card companies report balance to credit bureau? I would like to pay off my balance right before my credit card companies report the balance to 3 credit bureaus. But how do I know when they report to the bureaus? Thanks.

My credit card payment is due on the 6th of each month and my statement closing date is on the 9th of each month.

Does this mean  that any new balance I have accumulated between the due date of the 6th and closing statement of the  9th card will definitely be reported to the credit bureaus?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When do credit card companies report balance to credit bureau? Thanks.

Most report the balance as soon as the statement cuts. There is one, can't remember who it is, that reports at the end of each month regardless of statement cycle.

Message 2 of 8
racer-x
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Most report the balance as soon as the statement cuts. There is one, can't remember who it is, that reports at the end of each month regardless of statement cycle.

USuck Bank...I mean US Bank reports whatever the balance is on the last day of the month.  Unless the last day of the month is on a saturday or sunday, then they report whatever the balance is/was on that preceding Friday.

Chase reports to the bureaus whenever an account is paid to $0.  Chase may report a $500 balance on the 5th, and after you pay it off to $0, it could report again on the 10th or whatever date that would be.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

that makes better sense.thanks again!

Message 4 of 8
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

I contacted each of my credit card companies via online message and said:  I understand that you report to the credit bureaus each month, can you please tell me on what date of the month you report to the 3 major credit bureaus?  I received responses from most of them with an exact date of each month.  

Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

As stated above, most cards report on statement date.

If you have your reports or access to CK you can find last report date for each account on your reports.

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean  that any new balance I have accumulated between the due date of the 6th and closing statement of the  9th card will definitely be reported to the credit bureaus? 

Whatever your current balance is on report date is what is reported.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

With the myfico membership I get updates when my balance has increased by a couple of dollars on a daily basis. I paid off $3000 on two credit cards to get a zero balance and nothing has reported yet.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm waiting for best buy to report...

According to this thread it would hit the CA's tomorrow?

AutoPay Information

AutoPay Status$25.00
Payment Date04/14/2015

Current Balance
$0.00

Payment Due Apr. 14, 2015 Next Statement Apr. 19, 2015

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.