cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does Chase and Cap1 report balances to bureaus?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

Re: When does Chase and Cap1 report balances to bureaus?

Congrats on getting those bals paid down. From what I have read, you get points for paying down to certain threshholds. 

I don't have Chase. I have C1 and they update a few days after the statement cuts. One of their reps told me once that it's 3 days (don't quote me on it). And, I haven't paid much attention to their updates anymore bc I don't use their cards much anymore, but when I used to stalk my reports, they were pretty consistent with reporting a few days after the statement cut.

Do you not have a credit monitoring service, like Experian? It's free (virtually). They let you renew the trial week after week. LOL. I haven't paid in a year. You should really get one.

Message 11 of 15
cr101
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the one and only reason why I have considered changing all my due dates to the same date, it would be nice to pick one day to view my report without having it change 10 days later and again 10 days after that.  I just can't decide what is more work, changing all those due dates or logging in to see my report more than once. Though it's really only an issue when preparing to app for somthing. 

you have to be careful with changing your dates. i did this w cap1 and they did not report for one of the months (bc there is a month where you don't receive a statement). if you care about having a perfect payment history with green marks on every single month (instead of one month with NO DATA), i wouldn't do it. i was so ticked off when this happened...however, knowing that they may skip a month of reporting could come in handy if you want to max out your card for some reason. they wouldn't report it.

Message 12 of 15
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

Congrats on getting those bals paid down. From what I have read, you get points for paying down to certain threshholds. 

I don't have Chase. I have C1 and they update a few days after the statement cuts. One of their reps told me once that it's 3 days (don't quote me on it). And, I haven't paid much attention to their updates anymore bc I don't use their cards much anymore, but when I used to stalk my reports, they were pretty consistent with reporting a few days after the statement cut.

Do you not have a credit monitoring service, like Experian? It's free (virtually). They let you renew the trial week after week. LOL. I haven't paid in a year. You should really get one.

Yes, I do have the free version of Experian. I've noticed that Chase about the same each month (20th or 21st) but Cap1 is all over the place around the end of the month. Saw 1 point got added on Sunday but it was probably Synchrony (payment for them is on the 29th of each month). I must have crossed the 69.8% threshold with them on my last payment.

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 13 of 15
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is the one and only reason why I have considered changing all my due dates to the same date, it would be nice to pick one day to view my report without having it change 10 days later and again 10 days after that.  I just can't decide what is more work, changing all those due dates or logging in to see my report more than once. Though it's really only an issue when preparing to app for somthing. 

you have to be careful with changing your dates. i did this w cap1 and they did not report for one of the months (bc there is a month where you don't receive a statement). if you care about having a perfect payment history with green marks on every single month (instead of one month with NO DATA), i wouldn't do it. i was so ticked off when this happened...however, knowing that they may skip a month of reporting could come in handy if you want to max out your card for some reason. they wouldn't report it.

I was under the impression that a no data mark held the exact same weight as a green check mark. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 14 of 15
cr101
Established Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@cr101 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was under the impression that a no data mark held the exact same weight as a green check mark. 

that's what the cap1 rep told me lol, but i want my green check mark. plus, this was when the covid coding started and there were reports of creditors frowning on customers getting assistance. i didn't want that on my report.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.