Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does a derogatory account come off my report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When does a derogatory account come off my report

Like he said Eq only states the dofd so by the seven year mark they should drop off.  You can contact them a month or two in advance but they don't state when on the report.  In my reports The TU is sceduled a month from the seven year mark and the Exp is two months.

Message 11 of 17
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Yes, you can al least find the DOFD that is now of record in your credit file. 

That does not mean it is accuarate, but inly that is the date the CRA will use to determine CRA deletion of the CA from your CR.

Under FCRA 623(a)(5), the original creditor was required to have posted with the CRA, within 90-days of placing a delinquent account into collection, the DOFD on their origianal creditor account.  That is a firm oblgqtion of the statute, and must have posted to your credit file.

You then have the right, under FCRA 609(a), to request all information in your credit file pertaining to this, or any other requested item of information in your credit file.

Just send them a letter, titled as a request under FCRA 609(a), for any information that you designate that is in your credit file, and they must comply.  Ask specifically for the date reported by the creditor in their complinace with FCRA 623(a)(5).  That is your reported DOFD.

BE sure to include with your request under FCRA 609(a) the fee of $10.50 that is requried to cover the cost of this inquiry.  FCRA 612(f) requires this fee for such a request.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Yes, you can al least find the DOFD that is now of record in your credit file. 

That does not mean it is accuarate, but inly that is the date the CRA will use to determine CRA deletion of the CA from your CR. 

Good Point

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won a lawsuit with a bank. As part of the settlement agreement, they had to clear my credit. The bank posted an entry that says the account was paid as agreed, zero balance and no late payments. HOWEVER, above that entry s the original entry that shows all of the late payments and the foreclosure pending. We are trying to get them to remove this. They are saying that they have no control how the credit bureaus shows the information. Is the bank able to remove the negative entry if they want to?

Message 14 of 17
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I won a lawsuit with a bank. As part of the settlement agreement, they had to clear my credit. The bank posted an entry that says the account was paid as agreed, zero balance and no late payments. HOWEVER, above that entry s the original entry that shows all of the late payments and the foreclosure pending. We are trying to get them to remove this. They are saying that they have no control how the credit bureaus shows the information. Is the bank able to remove the negative entry if they want to?

Hello and welcome.

The bank is blowing smoke. The CRA's can only report the information sent to them by creditors. If the bank stops sending that information the CRA's will have nothing to report. You might point this out to them.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

They stopped reporting in July 2009, but the negative entry is still on the credit report. What I would like to know is, "Can the bank remove the negative credit report?"

Thanks. 

Message 16 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

They stopped reporting in July 2009, but the negative entry is still on the credit report. What I would like to know is, "Can the bank remove the negative credit report?"

Thanks. 

Yes, they can remove negative factors.

Some front-line CSR's believe that they can't, but they can. They're supposed to report all negatives per their agreements with the credit bureaus, but by law, they don't have to. The law just says that they can't report negative things that didn't happen.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.