Did you mean: 

When to pay CC Balance?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: When to pay CC Balance?

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

Every time someone mentions AZEO, baby penguin dies a horrible death. 

You just mentioned it right there! Smiley Sad

I know. I've been haunted by baby penguins ever since 

Message 21 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Jnbmom wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

You just mentioned it right there! Smiley Sad

Another penguin 🐧😂😂

Now you'll see them everywhere 👻🐧

Message 22 of 25
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Zoostation1 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I guess I'm killing penguins for a while.  I'll eventually stop AZEO once I solidly have good scores, but right now I feel like the benefit outweghs it being a bit of a PITA.

I totally understand why you're doing it.

The reason I talk about AZEO this way is because most of us end up with balance neurosis. $5.00 reports off cycle for whatever reason, we're starting threads, waiting for AA, preparing for sky to fall ..

Anyway, it's fine for those who want to invest all the time into managing when to pay, but when it becomes unmanageable and one wants to go back to "normal" way of handling bills, it gets a little rough. 

I think it took me close to a year after abandoning this practice to fully stop caring about what reports and when. It didn't help when I realized I was doing it for like 5 points (AZEO works better for "dirty" files, mine is clean). 

Message 23 of 25
markbeiser
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I think it took me close to a year after abandoning this practice to fully stop caring about what reports and when. It didn't help when I realized I was doing it for like 5 points (AZEO works better for "dirty" files, mine is clean). 

The difference going from AZEO with under 10% utilization on one card, to DGAF with under 10% aggrigate, and under 30% on any single card, was -3 points on my FICO8 with Transunion. Waiting for EX and EQ to update to see what kind of drop I get from them.
When Tesla stock dropped to nearly $100 on January  4, I spent too much money to also be able to pay everything before the statements cut.

I don't miss the 3 points!

Back to gardening until Late February 2025.
Current FICO8:
Message 24 of 25
BenConrad
Valued Member

I am AZEO for the past 3 months and have upped my scores 100+ points as a result.

My method is simple--I pull a report daily from Exp, EQ and TU--i subscribe to all 3.  I look at the date that each card reported to the CRA and I pay in full 3 days before that date--which is really 5 days bc when you see that XYZ card reported on Jan 7--you won't actually see that until Jan 9th or 10th.  But they are consistent each month.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.