Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will AU report to bureaus?

tag
phoenix12
Valued Member

When will AU report to bureaus?

I just added myself as an AU on my father's Home Depot Card (on report as THD/CBNA) in order to increase my account age, since he's had it since 2010 with perfect payment history. I was just wondering when Citibank reports their AU's and when I should expect it to show up on my reports. Thanks! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: When will AU report to bureaus?

If you and your father don't share the same address, there's a possibility it won't get reported at all due to anti-abuse algorithms. I don't know the mechanisms of their AU algorithms, but if it does end up reporting, it could take a couple of cycles.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
RealEstateGuy89
Frequent Contributor

Re: When will AU report to bureaus?

@phoenix12 wrote:

I just added myself as an AU on my father's Home Depot Card (on report as THD/CBNA) in order to increase my account age, since he's had it since 2010 with perfect payment history. I was just wondering when Citibank reports their AU's and when I should expect it to show up on my reports. Thanks! 

Right after my mom opened up her Home Depot credit card, she added me as an AU and it seemed like it reported right away within about 30 days.  This was about 3 years ago.  About 2 months ago we request a credit line increase and it was upgraded to $10,000 and it was reported right away at the regular interval of reporting.  Give it a little bit longer and hopefully you’ll see something soon!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.