Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will an AU show up on a CR?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When will an AU show up on a CR?

Hi,

So my fiancé added me as an AU on 4 cards about a month ago all statements have cycled and the only one showing up on my CR is from Macy's.

The other 3 are:

WF
Chase
Chase

Any idea how long it takes for it to show up on my CR? We love at the same address and have had our last 3 addresses together which reflects as the same on both of our CRs.

Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: When will an AU show up on a CR?

Btw I shredded the AU cards I don't have a use for them my SO just wanted to help me rebuild because she's in the 700's and has good history.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bump
Message 3 of 12
RBD22
New Contributor

I don't have an answer for you but I hope someone else does.  I just recently added my gf as AU for my 2 Chase cards (haven't received the cards yet).  I'm curious to see how long it will be before they report.

STARTING SCORE: FICO as of 08/03/2015:
CURRENT SCORES: FICO as of 06/13/2023: ,
CK Vantagescores as of 06/13/2023: ,
Message 4 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

There is no requirement that a creditor report AUs, particularly if the card holder is not a spouse.

Thus, the answer could vary between immediately ---> never.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well we have lived together for the last 3.5 years, we have a child together and have the last 4 addresses on both our credit reports matching.
Message 6 of 12
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I raised the issue of spouse only because the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA) explicitly permits a spouse to include certain aspects of joint holdings, such as income, in any credit application, and is often cited as legal basis for permitting AUs.

One spouse can, undr ECOA, include the income of the other without specific itemization as such when applying for credit.

That is extended by inference to AU accounts, but only when the other party is a spouse.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

New regulations also allow you to use someone's income such as a fiancé or long time live in boyfriend or girlfriend on apps if you're over 21.
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Parents added me as an AU on their Chase  card it showed on my Credit reprot less then 30 days and shot my score to the mid 600's 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Robert stated, sometimes AU accounts never show up.  I would think if a few cycles go by and the account doesn't show up by then that chances are that it very well may never.  Some creditors are very specific about if they'll report based on who the AU is, others don't seem to care.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.