Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will this be off report?

tag
Ryanpm90
Valued Member

When will this be off report?

Hello all,

I am having trouble figuring out when this account is due to drop off my credit report, anyone have a guess? 

Thanks 

Screen Shot 2021-11-13 at 9.55.19 AM.png

4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: When will this be off report?

You cannot go on the basis of a payment history its in error as it never shows a 30 day late before moving to 60 days. Going from whats here it would not drop until sometime in 2024. You need to order a report delivered by mail to see the scheduled drop off date.

Message 2 of 5
Ryanpm90
Valued Member

Re: When will this be off report?

Thank you.

What do you mean by error, why exactly would a creditor skip the 30 day late and go to 60 days? 

Message 3 of 5
Ryanpm90
Valued Member

Removal date

Hello,

I am curious as to why Experian is saying that an account will not be removed from report until September 2024 when they also have the first missed payment date as November 2014. 

Isn't it required to be removed 7 or 7 1/2 years after first missed payment? 

Message 4 of 5
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Removal date

@Ryanpm90 wrote:

Hello,

I am curious as to why Experian is saying that an account will not be removed from report until September 2024 when they also have the first missed payment date as November 2014. 

Isn't it required to be removed 7 or 7 1/2 years after first missed payment? 

Only if the account was never brought back current. If you miss a payment, then pay it later and bring the account back in good standing/current, then the DOFD (Date of First Delinquency) is reset and not applicable. Only when you miss a payment and fail to bring the account back to current (usually meaning the account got subsequently charged off after 6 missed payments) does the DOFD get set in stone and start the 7 year exclusion clock from that first missed payment.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.