Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When you dispute...and other stuff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you dispute...and other stuff

- Is it better to do it online or by mail?

-Each collecton Individually or in one lump sum?

-Which way has a faster turnaround time?

-What are the options for reason for dispute? Is one more successful than another?

Any tips or advice anyone can offer...my husband has a few collections we don't recognize (and a few we do) and I've never clicked the dispute button on an online credit report.....fear of the unknown I guess.
He had a foreclosure in his name in 2000....blasted new build 2/1 buydown got us good since the taxes are only assesed on the PROPERTY the house sits on for the first year and a half. We were young and dumb. We'd like to be in a position to buy again but I don't know if the foreclosure stays on for 7 years or 10 and how having had one will affect our chances.
Also, my score is higher than his but he is our sole income. Is there anything we might be able to do about this?
I know, alot to answer but I need a compass here.
Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: When you dispute...and other stuff

says don't do it via annualcreditreport.com

However, I have had some success using electronic disputation.  Not 100%, but some.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Do it online.. one lump is fine.. and print off the confirmation page after you dispute.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani I have heard of people that tried to dispute a lot of items all at one having their accounts flagged for 'credit repair fraud'.
Message 4 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

rhinocl wrote:
Tuscani I have heard of people that tried to dispute a lot of items all at one having their accounts flagged for 'credit repair fraud'.

There is no "credit repair fraud so to speak".. What you are describing are fraud alerts do to potential ID theft. To avoid fraud alerts,  you should only dispute accurate info. This is especially true for Inqs.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm certainly not trying to speak for anyone else but I think the OP meant to write "dispute only inaccurate information" to avoid having a fraud alert placed on your credit report.  Disputing everything - inaccurate and accurate - especially if you have several TL's and inquiries, could definitely start raising red flags.
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Let me clarify.. when I said accurate.. I meant you are giving the CRA accurate info regarding the inaccurate info on your CR. Sorry about the confusion.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.