Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I find AAoA ?

tag
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Where can I find AAoA ?

I have a subscription to MyFico.com & CCT. When I login to MF, I don't see any place that shows AAoA. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find that info. If there is no place, can someone tell me how to calculate AAoA. I have a BoA account that I am AU on, it is at 99% util but really hasn't held my scores back because AU but I want to see how the AAoA behaves if I decide to drop it. It is oldest account that is still active, I have to 2 other accounts which are older but closed (mine from 2004 & AU on other account from 2010). 

Anyone know where I can find this info?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Where can I find AAoA ?

@darwin_wins wrote:

I have a subscription to MyFico.com & CCT. When I login to MF, I don't see any place that shows AAoA. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find that info. If there is no place, can someone tell me how to calculate AAoA. I have a BoA account that I am AU on, it is at 99% util but really hasn't held my scores back because AU but I want to see how the AAoA behaves if I decide to drop it. It is oldest account that is still active, I have to 2 other accounts which are older but closed (mine from 2004 & AU on other account from 2010). 

Anyone know where I can find this info?

Dashboard > Scores > Length of Credit History (at the bottom)

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Thank you. Do you know how to calculate this value if I were to do this manually?
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add up the ages of all of the accounts (in years) you have on your credit report and divide that number by the total number of accounts. 

Example, you have 7 total accounts that are the following ages:

3 months

9 months

8 years

4.6 years

3.5 years

6.1 years

2 years

3 months = .25 year, 9 months = .75 years, plus the other 5 numbers = 25.2 years

25.2 years / 7 accounts = 3.6 years

AAoA is rounded DOWN to the nearest whole number... so 3.6 years = 3 years AAoA in the eyes of FICO scoring.

Message 4 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@darwin_wins wrote:
Thank you. Do you know how to calculate this value if I were to do this manually?

I believe in FICO you take (a) the number of months from account's opening date through last month for (b) each open and closed revolving and installment account on your credit report, then (c) divide by the total number of said accounts.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one thing you should certainly avoid doing is relying on the "summary" software provided by Credit Karma.  It ignores closed accounts in its age calculations, which none of the majoring scoring algorithms do (e.g. both FICO and VantageScore count closed and open accounts equally).

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was always under the impression that VS 3.0 didn't count closed accounts; I suppose I wrongly assumed that since CK uses VS 3.0 and CK only displays information pertaining to open accounts.  Good to know!

Message 7 of 9
elim
Senior Contributor

I would add your accounts to a spreadsheet and you will always know actual AAoA.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zG3BGlfgYkfEXeVLIklvS1SpwKrax99s1g1af9Mao_8/edit#gid=8210833...

Message 8 of 9
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Thank you elim I am going to do that as soon as I get home
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.