Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I get free FICO Scores?

tag
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

Where can I get free FICO Scores?

I know I can get my EX FICO 8 from EX itself, or it is available to anyone via Discover at creditscorecard.com.

I now have a Discover card so I will shortly be getting my TU FICO 8 from them.

Where can I get my EQ FICO 8?  I have a  Cap One Card - no FICO from them.  A new AMEX - I know I will get a FICO but not sure what flavor.  Chase Amazon Prime Rewards - Do they provide a FICO?

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Where can I get free FICO Scores?

If you have a Citi credit card, you will get a monthly EQ FICO 08 Bankcard Enhanced score (250--900), with a few exceptions on specific products (e.g. Citi Prestige). The score may update very slow, so you may wait for 1 week+ during this month to get your score on 26th of the last month.

Huntington Voice also offers free EQ score, but I never had any accounts with them.

Amex offers EX FICO 08 to cardholders.

For Chase, only Slate offers free FICO score (TransUnion), not Amazon cards.

Message 2 of 11
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

If you have a Citi credit card, you will get a monthly EQ FICO 08 Bankcard Enhanced score (250--900), with a few exceptions on specific products (e.g. Citi Prestige). The score may update very slow, so you may wait for 1 week+ during this month to get your score on 26th of the last month.

Huntington Voice also offers free EQ score, but I never had any accounts with them.

Amex offers EX FICO 08 to cardholders.

For Chase, only Slate offers free FICO score (TransUnion), not Amazon cards.

Thanks...I do have a new Citi Double Cash card.  So in a month or so I can get at least some kind of EQ score!

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BOA offers TU.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

While they aren't "free" you can get each of your FICO 08 scores for approximately 18 cents each from Credit Check Total. 

Why 18 cents each?

Well, for a seven day $1 trial you get your 3 FICO 08 scores.  Then you cancel within 7 days and can get your 3 FICO 08 scores again any time from Day 7 to Day 10 at no additional charge.  That's a total of 6 scores for $1.08 or so (with tax), or 18 cents per score.

Message 5 of 11
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

While they aren't "free" you can get each of your FICO 08 scores for approximately 18 cents each from Credit Check Total. 

Why 18 cents each?

Well, for a seven day $1 trial you get your 3 FICO 08 scores.  Then you cancel within 7 days and can get your 3 FICO 08 scores again any time from Day 7 to Day 10 at no additional charge.  That's a total of 6 scores for $1.08 or so (with tax), or 18 cents per score.

I know about CCT and plan to do it again once all my new accounts report.  However I don't have the time to hang on the phone every month to cancel.   So would like to be able to get them easier.  And it looks like I can get FICO 8 from EX and TU and the FICO 8 Bankcard from EQ each month so that is much easier.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can cancel via email, so no need to hang on the phone.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you sure you can cancel via email?  ...I just followed the sign-up process, and I noticed the link they offered, regarding how to cancel, directed to the Contact page...which only has a phone number.  So, I did not follow through with sign-up.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousAre you sure you can cancel via email?  ...I just followed the sign-up process, and I noticed the link they offered, regarding how to cancel, directed to the Contact page...which only has a phone number.  So, I did not follow through with sign-up.

Yes, I've cancelled a bunch of times via email.  They are usually very slow to respond to emails, though, so I recommend cancelling via email literally the day you sign up, if not the day after.  Some find the waiting game from email to be annoying, so for them the phone is a better option.  Here's a link to a thread where you'll find a number you can call to cancel that is known to result in a significantly lesser wait time.  For example, today a CSR picked up on that line immediately, where the main line and secondary number were quoting a 1.5+ hour wait time.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/NEW-CCT-number-to-cancel-lt-wait-time-etc/td-p/5152409

Message 9 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MakingProgresswrote:

I know I can get my EX FICO 8 from EX itself, or it is available to anyone via Discover at creditscorecard.com.

I now have a Discover card so I will shortly be getting my TU FICO 8 from them.

Where can I get my EQ FICO 8?  I have a  Cap One Card - no FICO from them.  A new AMEX - I know I will get a FICO but not sure what flavor.  Chase Amazon Prime Rewards - Do they provide a FICO?

You can get your EQ FICO 8 from Langley Federal Credit Union and your EQ FICO Bankcard 8 from Citibank.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.