Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where do I start...

Ok, so 10 years ago I had to file Bankruptcy chapter 7.  In 2018, I had one late payment, thought I had my autopay on and didn't and one of the places I had a loan with put a 30 day late on my credit which at that time hit my credit and dropped me 40 points back then putting me around 627.   Then in April I checked my credit and I was a 640.  I decided to call the company I had the loan with and offered to pay off the loan if they removed the 30 day late and they agreed.  Checked my credit two days ago and it only raised 6 points = 646....LAME (only checked Experian)!! It took 40 points from me and I only got 6 points when removed......really??????

There's more..... Unfortuntantely from 2014-2019, I had gotten back into credit card debt ($56.000 with 6 cards at 95% usage on EACH.  Long story short just two days ago I paid off all the credit card debt in full ALL in one day.  My credit score as of right now is 646.  With the 30 day late getting (deleted) along with paying off $55,000 in credit card debt how much increase should i see??????

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AllZero
Mega Contributor
Message 2 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

Re: Where do I start...

Congrats on getting your financial in order!

I'll put the line on 750.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Barclay Arrival card (Credit Limit $16,500) balance was $16,255

Barclay Titanium card (Credit Limit $6,000) balance was $5,500

Capital One card (Credit Limit $15,000) balance was $14,800

Capital One Plat card (Credit Limit $9,000) balance was $9,800

Amex card (Credit Limit $7,500) balance was $7,300

Discover card (Credit Limit $2000) balance was $1950

ALL PAID OFF Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You think I can hit 750?  That would be almost 100 + points. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You think I can hit 750?  That would be almost 100 + points. Smiley Happy

Reporting about 1% (interest rates) No baddies by then, reporting good credit history for few years...

Yah I'll say 750 if there is no other baddies.

Also by next month if you manage AZEO, that could be another 20+

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes no baddies... the only that will be on my credit report is a Lending Club loan good standing with $7,500 balance.  Sorry I am new to all this but what is a AZEO?  

Is that common to only get 4-5 points back once a 30 day late comes off credit?  The 30 day late happened only 18 months ago.  

Message 7 of 8
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes no baddies... the only that will be on my credit report is a Lending Club loan good standing with $7,500 balance.  Sorry I am new to all this but what is a AZEO?  

Is that common to only get 4-5 points back once a 30 day late comes off credit?  The 30 day late happened only 18 months ago.  

AZEO is when all cards report 0 balance except 1 card that reports very low balance, about 1%

As for late payments, it depends on the age and how much good history you have reporting!

I had 3 late showing from 6.5 years ago on Equifax and once was removed, my score went up 24 points. They still reporting on TU and EX : (

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.