Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is AU shown on credit reports?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is AU shown on credit reports?

I am looking at my credit reports from FreeCreditReport.com, and I can't see where the fact that I am an AU on the credit cards is shown.  Can someone help?  Thanks in advance.  -Jemi
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Where is AU shown on credit reports?

The account should show up as any other. If its not listed you are either not an AU, or the CCC is not reporting.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

But where would it show up?  The credit cards (except Amex) are on my credit report.  Nowhere does it show that I am an AU.  I am just wondering if these will stop reporting when the new rules go into effect.
Message 3 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

JemiBlue wrote:
But where would it show up?  The credit cards (except Amex) are on my credit report.  Nowhere does it show that I am an AU.  I am just wondering if these will stop reporting when the new rules go into effect.

If they are showing up you have nothing to worry about. There may or may not be a comment that says "Authorized User".
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, are you saying that if they are reporting now, they will continue to report in September?
Message 5 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

JemiBlue wrote:
So, are you saying that if they are reporting now, they will continue to report in September?

Yes, but they won't be calcuated in your score. And remember, only one CRA (not sure which) is switching in Sept. The other will follow suit on 2008.
Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

If I look under the details of my accounts on a CR it will say "Individual"; or "shared"  or "joint"; or "Authorized user".

It is my belief that those saying AU will start to go away soon, unless current AUs are grandfathered in.  Even if they do not go away, it is my understanding that those TLs will no longer be used in calcu;lating the score
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you looking at the reports on FreeCreditReport.com?  I don't see anything that says Details.  I am sorry to be a pest, but I'd really like to know where it is shown.
Message 8 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Reports from TU (hard copy) and MyFICO (online)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.